Inventory Finance Manager
The Inventory Manager is a key role in the Costa group central reporting team carrying out the financial accounting and control for our ‘in house’ roasting facility plus providing oversight on inventory across all UK and International business units operating under the Costa umbrella. The individual will be the “go to” person for stock across Costa, an expert in their area and lead the development of best in class practices for the reporting, control, and forecasting of stock.
A bit about us...
At the heart of Costa Coffee are our values; we believe in Passion, Warmth, Trust and Courage. We are the No 1 coffee brand in the UK and as part of the Coca-Cola Company, we’re on a journey to be the worlds most loved coffee brand, we don’t settle for mediocre. We’ve come a long way from the Costa brothers first roastery in 1971, today we are a total coffee company that delivers amazing coffee to our consumers all over the globe. Along with our much-loved stores, this includes our Express machines, Ready to Drink products, and a long list of friends and partnerships. Costa are proud of our collaborative and inclusive workforce, who continually unlock new growth and innovation.
A bit about the role...
Reporting to the Inventory, FMCG and Central Controller, you’ll be required to design and document leading global processes for the reporting, control and forecasting of stock. You’ll do this by engaging with senior stakeholders across the business to ensure processes are best in class, consistent, and understood. You’ll also, ensure the financial accounting is accurate for the in house Roastery (currently based in Basildon), outsourced 3pl roasting facility and Costa @ Home. Specific areas of responsibility will include:
- Review and present the periodic financial accounting for all related central production overheads and ancillary cost centres.
- Review of cost breakdowns to the commercial finance team on periodic production variances and overheads during and post month end reviews.
- Ensuring all finished goods stock is appropriately valued at all times across all business units to provide and end-to-end comprehensive level of management assurance.
- Review the balance sheet reconciliations for inventory and ensure these are compliant with Coca Cola Accounting Policies and Procedures, plus, identify and report as appropriate any risks and opportunities within the inventory balance sheet accounts.
- Advise business on issues related to inventory where required, including new products, any movement to new warehouses or suppliers and other elements of the inventory process.
- Support the Inventory, FMCG and Central Controller to create a best in class design solution in D365
A bit about you…
To succeed at Costa, it is important that you embrace our values and enjoy working with diverse and committed colleagues. In addition, we would hope to see some of the below:
- Graduate-calibre qualified accountant (ACMA, ACCA, ACA) – would suit newly qualified
- Experience of reporting and control in a multi-site hospitality or retail business and advantage
- Good understanding of IFRS and accounting standards
- Experience of group reporting and elimination journals
- Experience of working within a listed group ideally UK or US listed.
- Working in a high growth dynamic environment.
- Commercial finance experience supporting an operational director or business unit
- Excellent inter-personal communication & influencing skills
What we can offer...
We’re on an exceptional adventure and can offer a truly purpose led career with flexibility to suit your personal needs. In addition, you will benefit from the below:
- BUPA Healthcare
- Costa Pension Scheme
- Bonus Scheme
- 25% staff discount, including endless free coffee onsite at support office
- 25 days Holidays
Location: Dunstable Bedfordshire, but we’re OK with you working from home if you’re OK to travel to our Head Office twice a week.
At Costa Coffee we celebrate Inclusion and Equality; we believe everyone should bring their true self to work. We advocate collaboration and transparency and embrace differences in all that we do. #nowisthemoment to join.
Apply for Inventory Finance Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly