Finance Manager 18 FTC
16 months Fixed Term Contract for an experienced Finance Manager to join a £multi-billion turnover business in Manchester.
Working from their impressive offices you will support the Group Finance function of this truly Global market leading business. The role will report into the Group Reporting Manager and is based in their Altrincham office, with remote working as an when required based on government guidelines.
They are looking for a committed individual to undertake a varied and challenging role. The role provides an excellent opportunity for the right candidate, with exposure to a wide range of reporting areas. Duties include;
* Assist with the preparation of workings for the Group consolidated financial statements (IFRS) and disclosure notes.
* Take ownership of the timely production of year-end workings for debtors (including IFRS 9 calculations), headcount and staff costs, leases, and debtors.
* Prepare year end paper for IFRS 16 calculations which includes supporting journals for the audit team and respond to all queries in a timely manner.
* Manage the timely production of year-end audit deliverables, including responses to audit queries.
* Manage the lease accounting calculations in the Group's budget process.
* Manage the budget of the Group headcount and prepare reporting analysis to show phasing of headcount through the forecast period.
* Contribute to the development of the budgeting environment, identifying quality and efficiency improvements.
* Review of monthly lease accounting for the Group under IFRS 16.
* Perform detailed reviews of lease agreements to determine correct accounting treatment in line with IFRS 16.
* Complete analysis in relation to specific leases on an ad hoc basis.
* Managing the monthly headcount reporting process and performing reviews of the headcount report along with underlying reconciliations back to the HR system.
* Perform monthly reviews of the Group profit and loss overhead analysis and provide explanations for variances queried by senior stakeholders.
* Manage the reporting of Group debt and perform reviews of debtor calculations such as debtor days, aged/overdue debt by client and bank debt analysis.
* Assist in developing and training the team.
* Proactively managing the team to ensure all reporting deadlines are consistently met.
The ideal candidate will have a practice background or industry with extensive IFRS exposure ideally with IFRS16. You will be proactive with a can do attitude and enjoy working within a fast paced environment.
If this role sounds of interest and you feel you have the relevant skills to bring to the table then please contact Martin today. Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.