Your new company
The Cothill Trust is a group of five prep schools and is undergoing an exciting time of renewal. Following a period of rapid change and improvement, the organisation is now poised to play a leading role in the future of the UK prep sector. The Trust boasts a portfolio of strong schools, which are supported by an appropriately skilled Trust Office. The Trust is overseen by an experienced Board of Trustees, who are fully committed to playing their part as a leading charity in the sector.
Your new role
The ideal candidate will be technically competent and will enjoy leading a small finance team to develop the best possible service to each of the schools within the Trust. Effective communication, displaying a strong track record of achievement, a keen interest in the opportunities that prep school education provides and an ability to deliver results in a collaborative and collegiate manner will be desirable. You will challenge assumptions, make decisions and provide commercial analysis and guidance on activities, plans, targets and business drivers; contributing fully to the development of the Finance teams provision of services and activity.
We are looking for an experienced and qualified accountant to lead the finance team at the Trust Office and you will need to demonstrate a commitment to working in the Trust Office as this is seen as integral for this role in being the ‘go-to’ person for advice and guidance to both internal and external stakeholders. We are particularly keen to hear from candidates who may not have all of this experience but is keen to develop professionally within this role.
What you'll need to succeed
- Graduate with a relevant post graduate professional services qualification (ACCA, ACA or CIMA)
- Experience of leading and motivating a team in a large organisation
- Experience of business development and the management of professional service providers
- Experience of devising and implementing strategic plans
- Strong presentation skills, comfortable at Board level
- Good project management skills
- Genuine interest in the sector and the mission of the Trust
- Able to adapt quickly to changing conditions
- Flexible and creative
- Collaborative and collegiate approach, enjoy working as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work effectively in a matrix environment
What you'll get in return
The Cothill Trust is prepared to offer an attractive and competitive salary to secure the best candidate.
The following notes provide guidance, without prejudice, on the likely main provisions
- A competitive remuneration package is available, with a salary commensurate with the seniority of the post and the experience of the successful candidate
- Fee remission is available at our schools
- A competitive pension scheme
- Annual holiday entitlement is 25 days and bank holidays
- The successful applicant will be required to complete a self-disclosure Medical Questionnaire
- The appointment is subject to satisfactory references, clearance from the DBS, proof of identity and qualifications