Accountant (Reporting & Tax) - Real Estate
Accountant (Reporting & Tax) - Real Estate. Our Client is a successful and global development firm specialising in residential developments. They have instructed us to find an Accountant who will be responsible for both the tax and reporting element.
The Role will see the new Manager reporting directly to the Finance Director, taking accountability for the company's management, statutory and tax reporting as well as carrying out other responsibilities such as:
- Supporting the Head of Finance in driving improvements in current processes and other change initiatives throughout the team and organisation.
- Taking ownership of IFRS management reporting to Head Office, including balance sheet reconciliations and corporation tax analysis.
- Producing timely, accurate and high-quality management reports for the UK leadership team.
- Responsible for statutory reporting under FRS 102 and the statutory accounts process, including liaising with the company auditors.
- Compiling and filing VAT, CIS, ATED returns and responding to all tax queries.
- Drafting corporation tax and deferred tax workings and liaising with external tax advisors.
- Providing support to the accounts team of five, offering expertise to more junior members of the team as required.
- Ensuring compliance with accounting standards, tax compliance and regulations across the team.
The Person should be a fully qualified accountant (ACA or ACCA) with a minimum of two years post qualification experience within the real estate sector. The candidate should also demonstrate a fundamental understanding of general taxes and must have prior experience of compiling and filing VAT returns with HMRC. If you possess these traits, have real estate experience along with a strong work-ethic, high level of integrity, and excellent analytical, problem solving and IT skills, then this role proves to be an incredible opportunity for you to apply for.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook.