Head of Finance
HEAD OF FINANCE
West Midlands or Home Based
c £80k – c £85k pa plus car allowance, bonus and benefits
A true market leader, our client is a key division of a substantial global corporation which provide a unique range of operational and analytical testing services to multiple industries. This is a significant organisation both in terms of size, scale and stature and are one of the fastest growing listed European companies. Yet its uniqueness is fostered by a culture of autonomy and a hub of entrepreneurship with businesses being led by autonomous business leaders empowered to take full ownership and custodian of their own organisation as part of the broader group.
This is an extremely exciting time to be joining this organisation as they are focused on a significant change agenda, with organic growth, selective acquisition and investment remaining firmly on their agenda - with the aim of doubling their turnover within 5 years.
- As a key member of the senior leadership team, this is a hands on influential position with both an operational and strategic bias and this appointment is seen as fundamental in driving the achievement of top line business objectives.
- Operating in close alignment and as a confidante to the Managing Director, this role goes way beyond the numbers. The requirement is to raise the bar and influence the direction of the business, whilst providing a best in class service for both internal and external stakeholders.
- With a blank sheet, you will conduct a full root and branch overview of the finance function where the focus will be on transformational change, diagnosing where finance is today and more importantly its direction moving forwards.
- You will channel and direct a small Finance function and operate as the voice of Finance on the senior leadership team and will be required to drive improvement in financial and operational performance to include cost reduction, income generation and the management of capital spend.
- Based either from home or from the West Midlands facility, you will be responsible for the full business planning cycle to ensure robust cost control and forecasting is in place, with a constant drive to shift the culture where value/cost control is second nature.
- Your brief will be wide ranging where you will have full accountability for all finance activities across the business (including acquisitions, ad hoc projects, forecasting, reporting, risk management, cash flow, etc.) and be required to create initiatives which guide and support other key business functions.
- You will develop and champion effective financial change management initiatives for the organisation in order to drive sustainable business improvements in an organisation where year on year growth is a given.
- This unique position demands an exceptional Finance Professional who enjoys a highly visible role, whilst developing their career within a market leading organisation. Critically therefore the requirement is to appoint an individual who can not only operate within the business as it stands today, but who has the headroom and ability to lead finance in light of a substantial growth agenda for the future.
- The successful candidate will have a proven track record of innovation and contribution to profit improvement, in an environment where hiding places simply do not exist.
- With an outstanding track record of delivering best practice financial management, your experience is most likely to have been gained in a dynamic manufacturing or distribution/logistics organisation, where best in class principles prevail. As such, you may well be working within the food and drinks, general manufacturing, lighting, automotive and pharmaceutical sectors or similar world class sectors.
- You will have therefore been exposed to environments where complexity and pace is a given, whether that be in terms of SKU’s, product portfolio, customer mix etc.
- You will relish the opportunity to advance your career in a market leading organisation who have tremendous ambition and where superb opportunities exist for high performers.
- Dynamic, progressive and influential, you will have outstanding commercial acumen, the passion and stature to influence those around you and will be the type of person who can introduce far reaching financial initiatives in order to drive the business to unprecedented levels of performance.
Please click the 'Apply' button to reply with full CV and current salary details. Quote reference number 15/315
Candidates who fail to respond in this manner cannot be considered.
Apply for Head of Finance
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly