Head Of Finance
British Tinnitus Association (BTA)
Head of Finance
Sheffield £40,000 to £45,000 pro rata 3 days per week
The British Tinnitus Association (BTA) are a national charity in the UK solely dedicated to supporting the tinnitus community. One in eight adults in the UK have tinnitus and it is their aim to find a cure. The BTA employs 25 members of staff and has income of approximately £1.3 million.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Head of Finance who will be responsible for management of the finance function reporting into the Chief Operating Officer and liaising with the Chief Executive, finance sub-committee and external auditors. This is an excellent broad ranging role giving exposure to all aspects of finance.
Key responsibilities of the Head of Finance include:
•Production of monthly management reports to present to the senior management team and trustees. Identify opportunities and gaps and ensure that the appropriate financial framework is in place to aid decision making
• Provide the senior management team and trustees with regular financial reporting and insights that identify opportunities and gaps and inform key decisions, planning processes and policies.
• Have oversight of the financial management and control of all financial assets including cash flow, bank accounts and the records of the organisation
• Work with the Chief Executive and senior leadership team to produce an annual budget for approval by the trustees
• Work with budget holders to develop their financial understanding and ownership of budgets
• Management of the grants programme and provide reports as required
• Management of the BTA's legacy income
• Oversight of quarterly investment reports and posting of quarterly movements
•Liaise with auditors and provide annual audited reports to the Chief Executive and trustees
• Keep up to date with tax processes, financial and charity legislation
• Management of one member of staff
• You will have a proven track record of working within a management role in finance and ideally hold a professional accounting qualification (ACA/ACCA/CGMA)
• A track record of knowledge of charity finance law and procedures including SORP
• You will have a breadth of experience from overseeing and managing the day-to-day accounting to producing statutory accounts and identifying audit risks
• A good knowledge of IT with experience of QuickBooks would be ideal but not essential
•You will have excellent organisational skills and a willingness to be flexible and dynamic in the face of changing accounting needs
• You will be an excellent communicator and confident at explaining financial matters to non-finance based people
• You will have a willingness to be flexible and dynamic in the face of changing accounting needs
• The role is for three days a week, full time equivalent is 35 hours a week benefits include 28 days holiday including bank holidays and pension scheme
If you are interested in applying for this Head of Finance role, or wish to ask further questions please contact Caroline Naylor at firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th July 2021. More information about the British Tinnitus Association can be found at www.tinnitus.org.uk. Interviews to be held week of 2nd August 2021. All direct applications will be forwarded to CRA Consulting.
Apply for Head Of Finance
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly