Credit Control Team Leader - 9 Month Contract
Your new company
Hays are currently recruiting for a well known national brand who after a touch year during the pandemic have come out in a very strong position and are looking to add to their team. They are currently looking for an experienced senior credit professional to help lead an already strong team, initially on a 9 month FTC.
Your new role
The main purpose of the role is to support a team of 10 credit controllers across two geographic locations
Your key responsibilities:
- Supervision of the credit control function for various business units
- Ensure Manual invoicing function is resourced and adhering to SLA.
- Ensuring that the team work in such a way that cover for absence is delivered seamlessly to the customer
- Dealing with any queries escalated quickly and efficiently
- Provide accurate and effective reporting of all overdue to debts to the relevant stakeholders and ensuring that actions not only of the team are followed up but also the business units.
- Ensure that overdue debt is escalated quickly in order to avoid unnecessary risk and potential write offs
- Monitor the performance of every individual within the team and provide the relevant support, training or performance management.
- Liaise with the Legal team and ensure the necessary actions take place in regard to irrecoverable debt.
- Carry out all line manager recruitment responsibilities
- Constantly scrutinise and review processes with a view to delivering better controls, improved service and greater efficiencies
- Take lead on relevant projects, designing robust test plans and performing testing and consequent re-evaluation
This is a full time role working 37 hours a week between Monday and Friday
What you'll need to succeed
- Proven people management skills with the ability to manage through others
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Highly flexible and adaptable to business change
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Must be able to communicate effectively at levels
- Must be able to motivate the team.
- Strong customer service ethos
- Takes ownership of problems through to resolution
- IT literate (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Working knowledge of at least one major ERP or integrated accounting package (preferred)
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary and pension contribution scheme
- Company incentive plan and private medical insurance
- Up to 33% discount on company products
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) and the opportunity to buy additional days.
- Free onsite parking
- An employee advice and guidance service and the healthcare service, Best Doctors.
- As one of the industry's leading apprenticeship providers, our client can offer training and development at any stage of your career, whatever step you decide to take
- Flexible working options
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Credit Control Team Leader - 9 Month Contract
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly