Head of Financial Accounting
- Join the business during an exciting time
- Newly created high-profile role
About Our Client
Horizon Energy Infrastructure limited ("HEI") is a second-generation Meter Asset Provider (MAP) that leases smart and advanced meters to energy suppliers in the UK market.
The company has achieved considerable growth over the last couple of years and currently has over 650,000 meters under management equating to a recurring revenue of over £20 million from more than £100 million capital invested. There is a business plan in place to continue deployment to more than 1.5 million meters by FY25, coupled with deployment of new infrastructure technology in the low carbon heat and electric vehicle space.
Following the successful acquisition of another second-generation MAP (Smart Meter Assets Limited (SMA) in a transaction that closed in May 2021 - which has over 1.6 million meters under management, over £300m assets under management and over £50m of recurrent revenues - HEI are now looking for an experienced Head of Accounting to come in and support the CFO in delivering the full spectrum of financial accounting services for both businesses and their respective funding structures.
- Taking on the entity level and group consolidation reporting for the Horizon /Salisbury structure and establishing the entity level and group consolidation reporting for the newly acquired SMA structure.
- Finalise the establishment of the general ledger and reporting set up for both structures within Microsoft Great-Plains.
- Prepare and control the financial statements for the funding entities and structure entities on a quarterly basis.
- Support the meter asset entity financial controllers on the quarterly close and then take these numbers into the structure consolidation.
- Prepare a full IFRS consolidation for each structure on a quarterly basis.
- Lead the annual audit process for both structures and be responsible for all statutory reports above the trading entities.
- · Be the subject matter expert on technical accounting matters - such as lease accounting, purchase price accounting, derivatives, and employment related security schemes.
- Work with the external tax compliance partner on the tax affairs for each structure and support the production of the tax provisions and returns.
- Support the asset controllers on routine Treasury matters (such as external banking facility drawdown requests), intercompany cash management and bank reporting as required under the bank facility agreements.
- Support the management team of a newly formed entity that is looking to invest in low carbon technology business lines (such as heat pumps and electric vehicle chargers).
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be ACA / CA / ACCA Qualified, ideally Top 10 practice trained.
Will hold relevant experience in supporting large and complex financial reporting and is looking to step up into the lead financial accounting and reporting position within a small and highly visible team.
What's on Offer
- This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual to operate with a broad set of responsibilities and with a high-profile role within the company - closely supporting the Chief Financial Officer.
- Whilst the main office function is located in Salisbury, there is a possibility for more agile working arrangements for the right candidate.
- A highly competitive package
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MMPGW0620212929200Z
Closing Date: 29/08/2021