Group Financial Controller
Our client is an award-winning sports marketing agency which has made its own the exciting space where marketing, data, machine learning and the sports economy converge. Working with the world’s most iconic sports organisations and with a rare combination of founder spirit and PE/ corporate venture backing they are well placed to succeed on their ambitious scaling journey combining both organic and acquisitive growth. They have offices based across the globe and plan to open in further key cities - the head office being in London. Reporting to an experienced CFO, they now seek to recruit a new Group Financial Controller to lead the finance operations and team. The role will suit an ambitious individual who has had previous senior level experience as a Controller/Head of Finance and is aiming at CFO. A strong technical background is required with a true focus on delivering value. You will manage an experienced team, including a Financial Controller and support the CFO in future growth. This would suit a talented professional, who is keen to gain the necessary skills and experience to progress to CFO within PE and enjoys an environment where they will be mentored, challenged and developed in equal measure.
Responsibilities will include:
- With the Group CFO, manage the annual budgeting and quarterly reforecasting processes across the Group
- Supervise the finance team during the month-end process, and review monthly consolidated management accounts, including variance analysis and commentary
- Production of statutory accounts for the Group (under IFRS), formulation of accounting policy and associated technical papers
- Manage the annual external audit process; liaise with external accountants and advisors, particularly in support of the statutory audit, and tax computations
- Global tax compliance and reporting, and ensuring operating structure is tax efficient
- Cash management, including day-to-day co-ordination with our banking relationships
- Execution of employee share schemes and related regulatory filings
- Oversee the setting up of entities in new markets
- Maintain a robust financial control environment, ensuring risks are adequately mitigated
- Monitor the operation and development of finance systems to increase automation within Finance
- Supporting CFO in the execution of acquisitions, debt financing, and managing post deal integration
- Working with client facing staff to understand and correctly recognise revenue, support fee proposals, and work with legal team on contract compliance.
- Educated to degree level with professional accounting qualification, with +5 years in practice and subsequent experience gained in industry
- Strong technical accounting (IFRS) with good working knowledge of international corporate
- Experience of group consolidations, overseas trading entities with FX exposure
- The ability to review across all areas of finance, developing and supporting the finance function
- Excellent communicator and good team and leadership skills, with ability to build close relationships with colleagues, directors and key stakeholders
- Well-developed ability and experience of working to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
We are committed to encouraging and celebrating applicants from different backgrounds, whatever their gender, ethnicity, race, religious and political beliefs, education, socioeconomic background, disability, sexual orientation and geographical location to promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace.