Finance Business Partner
Finance Business Partner | Worksop | £40,000 - £48,000
This one would suit an accountant / analyst who is something of an artist – because there is a deliberate amount of blank canvas for you to work with in the remit. You will work directly for the modern-thinking and ambitious FD who wants you to have the freedom and autonomy to really get out into the business and focus on added value / business partnering.
- This is an expanding SME experiencing natural organic growth whilst also being poised for acquisitions. There is lots for you to get your teeth into and you’ll enjoy a really visible and commercially involved position and right hand person to the FD.
- This is a manufacturing / engineering setting and many of your stakeholders will be ‘out in the factory / distribution areas’ – you will be someone with the communication skills to allow you to form collaborative working relationships and create a firm bridge between finance and operations / commercial areas of the business.
- It’s a really interesting step for a confident Finance Analyst / Management Accountant who prefers ad hoc projects and added value / improvement tasks rather than routine month end / technical financial reporting.
- There is scope for your role to become FC in the short to medium term or to step into a more senior business partnering capacity.
You will be developing the commercial reporting suite to drill down into costs of projects / jobs, contract profitability, margins, profit streams, tender pricing and modelling, variances to expectation (budgets / forecasts vs actuals). You’ll also investigate ways of working / data collection and play a key role in driving slick controls and robust processes to suit the needs of a business amid growth.
You will need:
- A foundation of experience in either management accounting or financial analysis. You’ll be someone who will relish the opportunity to get out into the business and proactively identify areas for improvement / change.
- Great communication skills and a good sense of humour ideally!
- Excellent Excel knowledge and ability to interrogate data and ‘bring the numbers to life’ for a finance and non finance audience.
- A natural ability to identify and solve problems which should ultimately lead to cost control, margin protection and increased profitability.
- Commercial acumen and common sense.
This is a successful and cash rich business able to offer stability, security and career progression. You will be a proactive and assertive accountant / analyst who loves business partnering.
Apply for Finance Business Partner
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly