Assistant Finance Manager
Are you looking for a role with progression and the chance to develop your experience to then step into a Finance Manager position? Due to a planned retirement my client is offering an exceptional chance for an ambitious accountant to take on more responsibility as the current Finance Manager moves up into the FD role.
This is a great business, part of a global group that has experienced strong trading over the last 18 months. The UK division is a manufacturing and distribution operation in the region of £70m t/o with continued growth planned in the future. The role will assist and deputise for the current Finance Manager in the production of the monthly management accounts whilst also supporting all aspects of the finance function. The key responsibilities will be:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Assisting with month end close processes
- Analysis and reporting of sales and margins
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Work with FD &FM to prepare budgets and forecasts
- Assist in statutory accounts preparation
- Prepare information for audit and tax compliance
- VAT returns and HMRC liaison
- Banking and foreign currency transactions
The ideal candidate for this role would also be able to improve processes and controls, maintaining and developing finance systems where necessary. This position would suit nearly or recently CIMA / ACCA qualified accountant with the desire to learn and develop, whilst also taking on more responsibility over time. It is expected that you will be fully promoted to the Finance Manager position in 12- 18 months and you can expect an improvement in salary along the way provided objectives are being met. This is an excellent role with great prospects so please apply as soon as possible.