Investigo are delighted to be supporting a Bedford based Client with their recruitment of a Finance Manager, on a permanent basis.
Working as part of a small finance team the Finance Manager will be responsible for supporting the Financial Controller in the management of the organisations financial affairs. They will work closely with the other finance team members in delivering excellent financial support to the rest of the business and adhering to various regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Provide accurate and timely monthly management accounts. This will include any highlights, variances analysis and KPI reporting;
- Preparation of monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations for bank accounts, investment assets and others;
- Assisting with preparation of Annual Report and Financial Statements
- Assisting maintaining the relationship with both internal and external auditors;
- Management of member loans including issuance and monthly repayment collection;
- Finance process improvement including designing and implementing controls, updating of process maps ;
- Managing workload of finance assistant and covering where required in purchases and sales ledger, cash book postings, daily cash flow analysis among other duties;
- Reviewing and approving payments in line with financial regulations;
- Reconciling member administration systems to ledger accounting records;
- Covering for other team members in preparing monthly payroll, quarterly tax returns, among other duties.
- This is also partly a commercial and business partnering role which will include maximising returns from partners and suppliers and working with the business to manage costs and targets;
- Management of third party risk including on boarding of suppliers and financial advisers;
- Assisting management in business planning and modelling.
- Assist the Financial Controller with drafting Board and Board Committee papers;
- Participation in special projects/initiatives, as required.
The successful Candidate is likely to be a Newly Qualified Accountant with broad financial reporting and management accounting experience. They will possess excellent people skills, an ability to challenge the status quo, and the drive to continue their progression. Strong IT skills including Excel are a pre-requisite for this role. Candidates will be used to working in a small team and have a hands-on attitude to work.
Our Client is offering a salary of £45,000 - £52,000 + Benefits