Kaplan International Languages is a world-leading group of English, French and German language schools with a network of 30 schools in some of the world’s most desirable destinations – from London to New York, from Lyon to Berlin. Our students study from 1 week up to a full academic year and we are proud to welcome language learners from over 100 countries, ensuring a great cosmopolitan mix in our classrooms across the globe. Our office is based in a stunning building in Hammersmith, London.
We are looking for a Revenue Accounting Manager who will own the global KI Languages and Alpadia revenue number. This is an exciting and high-profile role with real scope to improve the revenue accounting control environment and, more than that, to add solidity and transparency to processes across departments, which materially impact our reported financial results. Based within our Finance team you will be responsible, self-starting and inquisitive, willing to dig into detail to pin-point root causes and work with appropriate teams to build workable solutions.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ownership of processes and control environment ensure that revenue, both P&L and Balance Sheet is reported in line with the Revenue Recognition Memo
- Key auditor contact for revenue related matters in KI Languages and Alpadia
- Obtain a thorough understanding of the Revenue Recognition Report and its dependencies
- Obtain a thorough understanding of the current suite of revenue related analytical reports with a view to ensuring ongoing completeness, accuracy and usefulness
- Confirmation that as booking practices evolve in a changing environment, output from the Revenue Recognition Report continues to accurately reflect the memo
- Liaising with IT and Group FP&A Manager to recommend and implement any necessary changes to the Revenue Recognition Report and other reporting
- Review, design and implementation of systematic pre-emptive and retrospective controls over the accuracy of revenue accounting
Month-end Review and Reporting:
- Monthly analysis of KI Languages and Alpadia revenues to identify incorrect bookings and revenue recognition issues globally
- Reconciliation and reporting of Deferred Revenue Balance, including US GAAP Revenue Disclosures (ASC 606) to GH (quarterly)
- Responsible for ensuring correct intra-group eliminations within KLG
- Mid-month Controls Performance
SOX support including:
- SOX Pricing exception report analysis (approx. 1 week per month)
- SOX Revenue sample testing
- Analysis of Revenue Recognition impact of these items
- Root cause analysis into reporting errors
- Ability to liaise knowledgably with Customer Care and Credit Control as to root causes of errors, with a view to implementing and monitoring process improvements (see “Design”)
- Price item mapping, including correction of obsolete items and incorrect mappings as well as reviewing and signing off on new price item requests. Price item mapping covers both account code categorisation and also method of revenue deferral.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- Knowledge of CLASS and Great Plains systems and processes, as well as SOX requirements
- Strong Excel skills
- Qualified or open to studying for an accounting qualification
- Able to work independently and analyse information quickly and competently
- Strong process orientation with an eye for improving systems
- Able to work well under pressure, prioritise workload and adhere to deadlines
- Understanding of and interest in the bigger picture of finance
- Excellent communication skills with both Financial and Non-Financial staff
Please apply by Friday 13th August
At Kaplan International, we are committed to working in a diverse organisation and strive to provide equality of opportunity for all. We encourage and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or identity, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnership. If you would like to be considered for an interview under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme, please complete this form or email us on email@example.com
As part of our commitment to safeguarding, successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.