Management Accountant - Oxfordshire
Responsible to the Regional Finance Manager for producing management accounts, budgets and forecasts.
Your new company
My client was established in 1991 as a not for profit charitable trust and it is the second largest care provider in the UK, with a turnover of around £130Mill per annum. It currently operates 66 homes and 14 extra care schemes in four counties (Lincolnshire, Oxfordshire, Wiltshire and Gloucestershire) and will soon be moving from their headquarters in Witney closer to Oxford or one of the surrounding business parks.
Your new role
Produce monthly management accounts for two regions in a timely and accurate manner ensuring they are robust and accurately reflect current trading performance. Tasks include but not limited to:
o Ensuring payroll hours and agency costs are accurately accrued and are in line with best practice accounting adopted by the Trust
o Ensuring bad debt is provided in line with budget or current reporting requirements
o Ensuring all transactions posted by the Accounting Operations Team are accurate and understood
o Undertaking a full review of income each month to ensure accurate posting and correct deferral of income
o Produce price volume variance analysis for income
o Ensuring each home's, I&E reflect accurate costs and income
- Produce meaningful variance analysis which enables the Regional Finance Manager to understand key business issues and drivers of performance
- Work collaboratively with key business partners and stakeholders to develop successful partnering relationships that work in the best interests of the Trust
- Assist Regional Finance Managers in compiling forecasts and budgets for individual homes in a timely manner
- Ensure region-specific invoicing for block contracts and supporting documentation is compiled and invoiced within specified deadlines and accurately reflects homes' occupancy
- Work closely with Accounts Receivable and Credit Control to ensure all income is billed in a timely manner and reflects current agreements with third party bodies
- Liaison with Accounts Payable to understand supplier costs and commitments by home
- Produce management accounts packs and other management information packs for two regions
- Provide supporting documentation for balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Responsible for providing information for external audit as and when required
- Provide support to peri-admin and homes with reconciliations as and when required
- Assist Regional Finance Managers in business partnering with the homes, including being first point of call for month end and other financial queries
- Other ad hoc financial responsibilities and tasks as required by the Regional Finance Managers
What you'll need to succeed
- Recognised Accounting Qualification or in final stages of training. with minimum 2 years' experience in a medium sized company and management position
- Preparation and presentation of management accounts, annual budgets and forecasts Computer literate
- Knowledge of current accounting and reporting standards
- Understanding of Financial Controls
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
Competitive salary and pension scheme
Study support package
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.