HW People are collaborating with a North West based financial services client looking to recruit a Financial Controller. This is broad role overseeing a wider portfolio of financial activities and working closely with the CFO, Head of Finance and SLT taking ownership for all internal and external reporting, technical accounting, annual budget cycle and improving processes and controls in order to support the growth of the business. This is a brilliant opportunity to be involved in a disruptor business driving the finance function forward and adding value through commercial business partnering.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Reporting: monthly management accounts, financial related MI that includes Pod financial performance, revenue and impairment position and performance alongside the delivery of Annual reports and accounts by managing the year-end process
- Provide regular cashflow updates and projections ensuring the identification of both risks and opportunities
- Lead the annual cost budget cycle
- Ensuring operational finance processes meet the needs of the business
- Work closely as a key stakeholder utilising the IFRS9 framework across hedge accounting, effective interest rates and revenue recognition and impairment
- Maintain a fully reconciled General Ledger making sure all journal are accurate, timely and complete
Candidate skills and experience:
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified
- Financial Services experience in either banking or lending sector
- Solid technical accounting experience specifically IFRS9
- Flexible yet pragmatic approach in order to meet ever-changing business needs
- Strong ability to identify both risks and opportunities within reporting
- Experience in and comfortable presenting to senior stakeholders
To be part of this exciting journey, please submit your CV for immediate consideration.