A global financial services company is looking to bring on board a qualified Financial Accountant to work with the team to ensure the successful implementation of IFRS 17. This is a full-time, 9-month FTC and can be office based, working from home or a combination of both.
Due to a takeover, the client is looking at how the two businesses policies align with each other and needs to determine an approach to satisfy IFRS 17 business combination requirements. The appointed Financial Accountant will:
- Amend and test changes arising from the takeover.
- Produce pro-forma accounts for UK entities.
- Support the work to identify required changes to the IFRS17 planning process.
- Check the opening balance sheet for 2022.
- Provide progress updates and ensure identification and resolution of risks and issues.
- Comply with overall change governance and financial control standards.
The firm is looking to hire someone who matches the below description:
- A fully qualified Financial Accountant – ACA, ACCA or CIMA.
- Experience working on large change programmes.
- Proven ability to manage complex financial reporting procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding of implementing IFRS 17.
On offer is a competitive pro rata salary equivalent to £50,000 - £60,000 per annum, dependent on experience.
If you would like to discuss this Financial Accountant contract role in further detail, please submit your application today.