If you have Practice experience, are Qualified ( ACCA, ACA, ICAEW) and are interested in joining an established Practice being a key person in a small team, and working towards shareholding and part ownership, this fabulous opportunity could be for you.
- Qualified accountant with ACCA, ACA or ICAEW having passed all your exams (possibly already a full member of either organisation).
- 4/5+ years’ experience working in practice.
- Preparation for end of year accounts for sole traders, partnerships, small limited companies and LLPs.
- Preparation of VAT returns, CIS returns, P11D returns.
- Preparation of Management Accounts.
- You will have a solid understanding of accruals, prepayments, accrued and deferred income as well as the reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
- You will ideally be preparing self-assessment tax returns for individuals as well as corporation tax returns and experience in property taxation or R & D tax credits claims would be a further advantage.
- You will want to work with the latest cloud-based software and technology (Practice is currently paperless) and uses Xero
- Client annual accounts preparation for sole traders, small limited companies, partnerships and LLPs using a cloud based platform (with relevant disclosures and explanatory notes and schedules).
- Corporation tax return and associated computation preparation and supporting schedules.
- Self-assessment tax return preparation for individuals, partnerships, and property investors (including capital gains computations).
- Management Accounts and Bookkeeping
- VAT, CIS, P11D checking and filing
- Relationship management with clients, getting to know them and their needs better.
- Tax planning with clients.
- Implement standards and processes across the firm to improve efficiencies in the practice.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the more junior members of the team
- Work closely with the owner in building the practice with a view to having part ownership of the practice (Networking, new client acquisition).
- Support and Implement improved digital technology throughout the practice.
- Check and ensure correct documents have been submitted by clients
- Assist new clients and businesses to setup their books onto cloud software
- Provide training and guidance on how to correctly use cloud software