Audit senior job Top 10 Guildford Surrey ACA ACCA
Your new company
My client is a fantastic accountancy firm based on in the village of Godalming, not far from the hustle and bustle of Guildford. This 10 Partner Firm is well known and highly regarded within the area and accountancy industry. They offer an exceptional working environment in modern offices with excellent facilities, with various breakout and communal areas.
Your new role
A new opportunity is available for either a part qualified or newly qualified Audit Senior within their corporate team, working on a wide and varied portfolio of clients, across engineering, technology and innovation, manufacturing, property and construction, recruitment and distribution sectors with turnover up to £100 million. There are also multinationals and groups of companies, with the opportunity for liaising on and being involved with overseas audit.
Your role will be varied and include:
- Planning a risk based approached to audit, being involved with the planning stage
- Liaising with the manager and client to plan assignments
- Execute audit work and meet objectives as necessary
- Ensure that work is completed according to company standards
- You will lead, mentor and coach teams as necessary
- You will be responsible for the management and control of job budgets, escalating issues to senior management as necessary
- Liaise with clients as necessary, to extract information and to make recommendations
- Oversee the completion of audit files
- Prepare statutory accounts as necessary
What you'll need to succeed
You will be an ACA or ACCA (or equivalent) accountant with up to 2 years post qualification experience, or you will be partly qualified with good experience in a senior capacity. Your current role will have a significant audit biased with an excellent knowledge of FRS102 and FRS102 1a. You will be comfortable in leading teams, assisting and mentoring juniors as necessary
What you'll get in return
You will receive a salary dependent on experience up to £50,000 with a range of benefits. There is on-site parking and the office is a short walk from the village centre. More benefits on application.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.