Finance Manager - Maternity Cover
Our client, a manufacturing company based in Plymouth are seeking an experienced Finance Manager/Financial Controller to join them for a 6-9-month maternity cover.
So that an in-depth handover can be carried out, we are ideally looking for a September / October start for the successful candidate.
This opportunity will be reporting into the Finance & Managing Director, and leading a team of 3 direct reports. As you will be working as part of a small Finance and Administration team, the role would suit somebody with experience within an engineering/manufacturing environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing a team with the timely and accurate completion of monthly reporting.
- Managing the monthly processes of financial data entry and allocating tasks to members of the team, offering support where needed.
- Management of all finances, including cash flow, accounts payable, accounts receivable, tax, VAT.
- Management of monthly payroll for over 75 members of staff, including managing overtime, travel expenses and the company pension.
- Management of HR function, including issuing offer letters and employment contracts, dealing with sick leave & pay, holiday calculations, assisting in developing company policies, issuing company announcements and providing support to line managers when HR issues arise.
- Producing invoices for various types of customer contracts.
- Producing regular financial data for Program Management teams.
- Performing and approving monthly reconciliations.
- Working with external accountants both in the UK and USA to process Year End Financial Statements.
- Being involved with, and ensuring completion of any required audits.
- Strong IT skills including Excel and Sage programs
- Strong interpersonal skills - to communicate in a professional manner to a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Skilled in developing strong working relationships internally and externally
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- At least 2 years' experience managing a Finance department
- A level of HR experience would also be desirable