Remote with travel
MERJE are partnered with a growing global Logistics business in their search for a talented Financial Controller.
You will be responsible for the UK Financial Accounting function and the delivery of effective financial processes and controls that support business objectives and operational needs.
As Financial Controller will have a key role in enabling the business to improve financial processes and will initially focus on the sales and procurement processes.
- Manage and develop finance team, ensuring that their recruitment, training, supervision and performance management is effective in order to fulfil individual and team objectives.
- Ensure financial processes and controls operate effectively and efficiently on a day to day basis and develop and implement reporting measures to demonstrate their operation. Ensure that all reconciliations completed on timely basis and differences are investigated and resolved promptly.
- Manage the group’s invoicing and fee collection process ensuring prompt collection of monies due. Work with the Business Transformation team to quickly implement a revised process.
- Manage the group’s procurement process and work with the Finance Director and Business Transformation team to quickly implement an updated process to improve cost control.
- Implement a review of existing processes and controls to identify improvements that can be immediately implemented.
- Actively participate with the Group’s Business Transformation project to identify implement a new finance systems ensuring a smooth transition to a new system.
- Develop and implement financial policies, maintaining finance manual for the Company, ensuring that it remains current, relevant and accessible to staff.
- Prepare financial statements for the Group and all subsidiary companies.
- Complete VAT returns and all tax returns ensuring that Gift Aid and Investment Tax are reclaimed promptly.
- Manage the group cash flow, loan management, and investment reporting.
- Mange the monthly financial process to enable the production of accurate and effective management information, budgets and forecasts.
- Assist the Finance Director in developing a risk management process.
- Provide regular progress reports to the Finance Director on issues affecting company performance.
- Follow health, safety and environmental guidelines and procedures in respect of personal and Finance department activities.
- Support diversity and equality of opportunity in the workplace.
- Undertake any other duties specified from time to time by the Finance Director.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CPFA) Minimum of one year’s post qualification experience.
- Management experience
- Experience of preparing Financial Statements.
- Experience of identifying improvements in financial processes.
- Experience of practical, hands on, problem solving with accounting reconciliations.
- An enthusiastic attitude to managing and dealing with change
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Excel and Word.