Finance Manager | ACA
Manchester, Leeds or Remote
One of Manchester’s best employers is looking to recruit a Finance Manager for a varied role with both commercial and technical responsibilities. This full-time, permanent role would ideally suit an ambitious, ACA qualified Accountant looking for a pathway to Financial Controller or Finance Director. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking for accelerated career progression in a fast paced and rewarding environment.
Our client is a market leader in their sector and has a brilliant reputation for career development and progression, combined with a fantastic work culture and environment. They have state of the art offices in Manchester and Leeds, but the role can also be fully remote if required as agile working is enabled.
The newly appointed Finance Manager will:
- Ensure compliance with contractual documentation, statutory and regulatory frameworks and agreed programmes and procedures.
- Attend monthly management accounts reviews and instruct the accounting team by providing the project specific financial procedures and information.
- Instruct the accounting team of payments to be made to shareholders and senior debt providers.
- Manage the payment authorisation process.
- Undertake regular reviews of the monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Manage the business planning and operating financial model update process, including presentation to the Board and securing funder approval.
- Manage the key stakeholder relationships including the Board, Funder, Account Bank, client finance representatives and rating agencies.
- Act as Company Secretary in accordance with Company Secretarial Handbook, including advising the Board on their statutory and fiduciary duties.
- Contribute to the preparation of the Board report, including the finance report and executive summary.
- Attend Board meetings and present the finance report.
- Advise the Board of risks and opportunities and make recommendations for actions.
- Manage the financial aspects of any project commercial activity, ensuring correct reflection in the financial models and the project documentation.
- Ensure the financial model is consistent with all contractual, commercial and regulatory obligations.
- Manage aged debtors and aged creditors and resolution of overdue items.
- Manage the statutory audit process and secure approval of the statutory accounts.
- Manage the insurance renewal programme.
- Review the annual operating budget and reconcile to the operating financial model prior to presentation to the Board and Funders.
- Engage the support of the commercial finance team and modelling team on key relevant matters.
- Participate in the development of the finance function, team and systems.
The business seeks a Finance Manager who demonstrates:
- Experience in communicating, influencing and presenting at a senior level.
- Experience working within a compliance focused environment.
- Experience of managing multiple stakeholders.
- The ability to identify potential issues surrounding a piece of complex legislation or policy and provide easily understood verbal and written analysis material and advice that is clear and comprehensive.
- Strong working knowledge of financial management and project finance.
- Experience maintaining complex financial models using Microsoft Excel.
Salary & Benefits
In return, a salary of £50,000 - £55,000 per annum is on offer, along with excellent benefits, a competitive bonus and flexible working options.
If you would like to find out more about this fantastic Finance Manager role, please apply today.