Chief Financial Officer
1 day left
- Full Time
Our client is a rapidly growing and profitable “vertical” Group of businesses in a niche segment of the Construction sector. The Group is a major beneficiary of strategic changes towards sustainable construction methods and as a result there is significant momentum behind the business resulting in a forecast near doubling of Group turnover this year to c£150m with planned growth towards £500m over the next five years. The business is becoming a significant force in its market.
The Group is now seeking an experienced Chief Financial Officer to join the business as a key member of the Executive team.
Reporting to the CEO and as a member of the Executive Management team, the CFO will play a key role in the leadership and development of the business. The role’s key responsibilities encompass the following:-
- Strategy: key partner to the Board in the development of business strategy;
- Financial Governance: Responsibility for the Company’s finance function ensuring a robust compliance, control and reporting environment supported by finance and operational systems that are fit for the current and planned scale of the business;
- Treasury: Maintain effective financing structure and facilities for the Group which support its ongoing growth; oversee appropriate working capital and cash management supported by suitable forecasting routines; Build and maintain relationships with the Group’s bankers and other providers of finance;
- Tax:. Work with the Group’s tax advisors to ensure efficient tax planning and compliance;
- Forecasting and Planning: Oversee the development of appropriate processes and reports around financial planning, budgeting and forecasting;
- Leadership: Ensure that the finance team possesses the skills and experience to manage, to a high standard of excellence, the finances of a business of the current and planned scale of the Group, ensuring that reporting deadlines are understood and met at all times;
- Partnering: Build productive working relationships with senior operations managers to add value and manage risk;
- Other: management of key external stakeholders (auditors/ Insurance brokers/ registrars/ credit brokers).
- Qualified accountant, with experience at Finance Director level, ideally in a business of scale characterised by long term contract work (eg construction, housebuilding, civil engineering, engineering);
- A character with the communication and people skills and a collaborative approach to drive growth and change;
- Partner to the CEO and Managing Director, with experience and gravitas to provide support on strategic matters as well as strong financial and commercial challenge;
- Experience in managing a variety of internal and external stakeholders including providers of finance, investors, insurers, auditors and corporate financiers;
- Strong on governance, compliance and risk management;
- Sound knowledge of financing and financial structure. Experienced in leading finance in a leveraged business.
This is an outstanding opportunity to play a pivotal role in the upscaling of a business that is becoming a major operator in its sector.
Apply for Chief Financial Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly