Senior Associate, Global Compliance and Reporting
London Big 4 Accountancy firm - Flexible working arrangments if required or wanted.
Global Compliance & Reporting (GCR) is one of their six tax service lines. The GCR professionals help businesses meet demands for tax reporting, tax compliance and tax risk management. Many of their engagements are with clients going through wider tax transformation and operating model change programmes. Our GCR team work with a wide range of businesses to help them develop and implement effective, practical and sustainable approaches to managing tax compliance and reporting.
The Global Services team works with leading organisations (FTSE100 and Fortune 500 companies) across a range of services from full tax and finance operate outsourcing, supporting with the design and implementation of their tax operating model, compliance process design and the project management of outsourced compliance and reporting services.
As a Senior Associate in this energetic and diverse team, you will have opportunity to gain experience across these services, further develop your skills and have day-to-day contact with senior team members at our clients.
Your key responsibilities
- Contract management
- Support a number of GCR contracts, some with client interface and some in a supervisory service delivery role
- Proactively managing service delivery risk across those contracts through the use of issue and risk logs and the implementation of escalation processes
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key contract stakeholders (internal and external) across multiple jurisdictions, and ensuring effective and timely communication
- Help manage contract governance including adherence to agreed process and procedures
- Help manage contract reporting against service level agreements (SLAs) and key performance indicators (KPIs) ensuring timely resolution of issues
- Provide guidance to juniors and support to peers, colleagues and clients on contractual issues, and oversee local fee and scope negotiations
- Focus on the successful delivery of projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical/business approach taken
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong client relationship management skills with ability to develop quality outputs to clients
- Negotiation skills, able to sustain opinion and handle challenges
- Business development skills, able to identify new opportunities to sell work
- Effective time management, ability to remain calm when under pressure to meet deadlines
- Some experience of coaching and developing more junior staff
- Change orientated with flexible approach
- Innovative mindset with a focus on problem solving
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- Experience in Corporate Tax, Indirect Tax or accountancy from a professional services firm or in-house team
- ACA / CA / ATTI/CTA/Tax Inspectors or a breadth of knowledge equivalent to a tax specialist qualification
- Proven project management skills, and an ability to plan and prioritise work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget. A PRINCE2 qualification or similar would be beneficial.
- Experience of working on international projects
- Process and technology design skills
- An undergraduate or post-graduate degree
Ideally, you'll also have
- Project management skills, plan and prioritize work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget
- Experience working on multi-jurisdictional projects
Competitive salary and package with flexible working arrangements