Accountancy Recruit is working with a Colchester based Chartered Accountancy Practice to recruit into this well-established, supportive, high professional and friendly team. The role is for a Senior Accountant, so you will have a working knowledge of a practice environment at a Semi Senior or Senior level and looking to move into the next stage of your career. Whether you are currently qualified or studying a professional accountancy qualification, for which there would be support or are qualified by experience Accountant you will find a place in this practice in which you will be encouraged and given the opportunity to achieve your full potential.
You will be part of an enthusiastic, determined team, focused on delivering a high-quality accounting and audit service, tax and clear business advice support to clients. Clients who are valued, supported, and invested in, as evidenced by their longstanding professional relationships. You will find an intelligent approach to work, integrity, and discretion.
Duties will include:
- Developing strong professional working relationships with clients through detailed understanding of each business.
- Preparation of accounts.
- Preparation of year-end accounts and statutory requirements.
- Preparation of tax computations and returns (personal and corporate).
- Advising on client queries on tax, VAT and funding matters.
- Review VAT returns, ensuring the appropriateness of available VAT schemes.
- Acting as the primary interface between clients and the payroll team.
Salary £30-35,000, hours: 36 ¼ per week, 20 days holiday + bank holidays, excellent working environment, supportive team approach, study support and career opportunities. If you are interested in moving your career in the right direction, please apply now!