Finance Manager, Manufacturing, East Sussex (flexible on remote working), Paying £50-55k
We have a really exciting opportunity for a new client who manufactures within the medical, health and industrial markets. An excellent opportunity to join a growing business with excellent owners and a chance to lead a finance function.
Role and Responsibilities
- Manage and develop the Finance function, covering financial accounting, Treasury, Credit control and Compliance.
- Oversee the external preparation of financial statements and if necessary their audit, review and analyse results and recommend for approval the final (audited) financial statements.
- Oversee the preparation of the year-end management accounts and full audit information pack to support financial disclosures.
- Ensure robust credit checks are performed for new clients and that Cash collections and Aged debt targets are in place. Perform quarterly bad debt reviews.
- Lead and manage all aspects of taxation, including Corporation Tax, Social Security and PAYE, and VAT and the related compliance requirements
- Set up and maintain an integrated budget model to project P&L, balance sheet and cash flow
- Drive high quality balance sheet reporting and control to ensure all balance sheets areas are fully reconciled and stand up to (audit) scrutiny
- Lead and manage financial and transactional process and control improvements for all areas of responsibility
- Control, management and reporting of the company’s working capital, with a particular focus on invoice financing and reducing the cost of business banking including currency and FX management
- Manage the fiscal, accounting and statutory compliance policy ensuring agreed internal processes are adhered to, non-compliance is identified and appropriate recommendations put forward.
- Management of suppliers, purchase ledgers and external payroll provider.
- Direct and control finance staff to ensure that they are appropriately trained, motivated and developed and can carry out their responsibilities to the required standard
- Ad hoc financial tasks /projects
- An ACA or ACCA qualification
- Experience of people management
- Strong technical knowledge to support statutory accounts preparation (audit background an advantage) – UK GAAP
- Ability to challenge the status quo, undertake analysis, and initiate change
- Strong academic record
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills
- A good team player
- Proactive approach to problem solving