Section Finance Manager
Investigo are delighted to be exclusively supporting a large construction Joint Venture with their recruitment of a Section Finance Manager to be based in Oxford.
The Section Finance Manager will operate as a Finance Business Partner within the operational section of the works (not to be cost processor through the traditional invoice registration & matching methods - that is a separate role). With each section being greater than £400M, this represents a large financial exposure that needs active management therein.
To support the operational team on all matters that are Finance related covering:
- Cash flow - preparation
- Cost forecasting - validation
- Accruals Management - validation
- Information analysis - bespoke reporting
- To be part of the section management team with respect to ownership of the reporting position, ensuring the content of data is complete and accurate.
- To monitor ERP system compliance of all data therein with respect to Financial Regulations
- To understand and support the compliance with HMRC in the field of VAT and CIS
- To contribute to audit resolution - internal and external to ensure a robust and complete set of information exists
- To seek efficiencies where possible - systems and processes for continual business improvement and raise where opportunities exist
- To undertake ad hoc analysis of information to then support management decision making. This may cover any area within the section that can have a financial impact
The successful Candidate could be Part or Newly Qualified, and they will possess excellent management and financial accounting skills. They will have strong analytical ability, and experience of using ERP systems. A genuine interest in the construction industry is a must, and any experience of working in a finance role in this sector would be advantageous.
Our Client is currently operating a hybrid way of working, but post-pandemic there will be an expectation to spend most days in the Oxford office, with occasional travel to the Milton Keynes office.
The salary on offer is £45,000 - £55,000 dependant on qualification and experience.