Property Client Accountant
Property Client Accountant. Our Client is a longstanding firm of Chartered Surveyors with an excellent client retention rate. They are now looking for a Client Accountant with property experience to join their prestigious property accounting team.
Reporting to the Team Leader the role will include the following duties:
- Collating year end service charge accounts and sending to the appropriate Property Manager for approval. Executing pre-payments/accruals.
- Balancing the client statement to the general ledger and bank and flagging any variances.
- Preparing quarterly Client Rent Statements, collating invoices, and checking same against entries.
- Sending statements to clients and making BACS/cheque payments.
- Sending 'on account' payments to clients bi-monthly and ad hoc.
- Sending quarterly VAT statements to Accountants where applicable and settling with HMRC.
- Setting up new Clients/Properties/Units/Tenants/Charges/Periodicity of rents.
- Updating tenants with rent reviews and lease information. Updating tenant charges with rent increases. Actioning lease assignments, tenancy terminations and creating new tenancies.
- Sending demands at the appropriate times.
- Loading the yearly budgets.
- Raising year end credits/debits, producing the Year End Report and demands to be sent to the tenants.
The Person to apply MUST have at least a couple of years of experience working as a property / client accountant with another property management firm / firm of Chartered Surveyors. It is essential to have excellent communication skills as this is a very 'client facing' role. The incumbent will be a driven and commercial thinker who works well both as part of a team and individually. It will be very helpful if the candidate has some experience of using property systems such as MRI, YARDI or TRAMPS.
This is a very good opportunity to work with a company who offers stability and support.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook.