Commercial Reporting Accountant
The Northwest's only tier 1 bank, a globally recognised and respected Financial Services powerhouse, is looking to recruit a Commercial Reporting Accountant for its burgeoning finance function. Based in Chester, this is a full-time, permanent role.
A recovering market, buoyant GDP forecasts and improved confidence levels have seen markets rebound sharply. As such, the business is experiencing record levels of demand and growth and, as a result, is heavily investing in finance, building out teams and expanding capacity.
Focusing on both the production and analysis of the P&L and Balance Sheet, this opportunity is ideal for a practice-trained, ACA qualified Commercial Reporting Accountant looking for a first time or second time move from practice. The role is fundamentally business partner focused, working with non-finance business areas, advising, guiding, controlling, providing insight, analysis and support.
Typical first time moves from practice tend to be very technically orientated, but this role has a good balance of commercial, operational, technical and business partnering.
The successful Commercial Reporting Accountant will be starting their industry and commerce career in one of the most recognisable brands in financial services, one of the best incubators for global talent, one of the most forward-looking and fast-paced banks in the world. As investors in market leading technology, investors in people (extensive D&I programmes and culture), and investors in careers, the opportunities to be mentored, to progress, to build a long-term career, to be fast-tracked to the next level are unlike any other employer in the region. If you are career-focused and reward and recognition driven, looking for a move into a business and a brand that will not only compare favourably with your current practice firm, but arguably be more prestigious than it, this is the role for you.
The appointed Accountant will:
- Be responsible for producing and reviewing daily Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet.
- Understand market risk and risk mitigation techniques and strategies.
- Business partner with colleagues across the bank to investigate and resolve accounting issues.
- Manage the month end close process.
- Validate reporting to external regulators.
- Provide financial insight and partner with colleagues to optimise business performance.
- Engage in ad-hoc project work to drive efficiency and enhancement to our routines.
Why You Should Apply
- Data Driven Approach - Learn to develop with Emerging Technology tools that provide cutting edge insight into the data that drives the business.
- Industry Experience – Practically apply accounting skill sets within a dynamic industry and fast paced environment.
- Diversity and Inclusion – Multiple employee networks represent the diverse culture that we have cultivated. Additional external partnerships with organisations focused on advancing inclusion in the workplace.
- Professional Network – Exposure to senior leaders across the organisation allowing associates to build profile and a network of key contacts.
- Progression & Promotion – High focus on talented employees with a tailored approach to ensure every individual is given opportunities to progress their career.
- Supportive Learning Environment - Role specific learning and development opportunities to ensure associates are agile and develop a highly transferable skill set.
- Culture of Openness and Integrity – Open and transparent discussion at all levels of key matters as they arise.
Applicants to this Commercial Reporting Accountant role should:
- Be ACA qualified.
- Possess strong academics (2.1 and above).
- Be a consummate professional possessing both personal and professional integrity.
- Be an excellent cross-functional stakeholder manager with the emotional intelligence and gravitas to influence.
- Be commercially minded and possess and natural inquisitiveness to investigate.
On offer is a salary of £45,000 - £50,000 per annum, dependent on experience.
If you would like to find out more about this exceptional Commercial Reporting Accountant role, please apply now.