1 day left
- Full Time
Assistant Accountant / Bookkeeper | Horsforth | £25,000 - £30,000
Simply put it’s a great business to work for – amazing culture, sensible work life balance, modern setting, welcoming and collaborative colleagues, growing and stable, professional, profitable…. The brand is superb, they really value their employees and the people who work here enjoy coming and tend to stay!
- This is a new role resulting from growth (turnover grew by >20% last year and they were already doing brilliantly).
- Your role reports to the highly approachable, talented and likeable Financial Controller. Your focus is on smaller subsidiaries of the main trading group. You’ll provide vital and valued accounting / bookkeeping support for each of the smaller entities (all <£2m turnover).
- You’ll ideally be AAT qualified although it’s no issue if you are qualified by experience for this one. The key is your experience and your ability to work under your own steam. While the subsids are reasonably straightforward they each have their own quirks and nuances and you need to be a versatile accountant with a hands on approach.
You’ll ideally have worked as Assistant Accountant / Bookkeeper roles previously and be comfortable producing management accounts for SMEs. You need to be comfortable rolling up your sleeves and getting stuck into transactions, month end duties, reconciliations, journals etc.
It’s a busy but manageable workload and enjoyable work-life balance is absolutely on offer (no late nights, no unreasonable last-minute demands or ruthless deadlines).
You will need:
- Previous experience of management accounting / bookkeeping / month end close for SME businesses.
- Good IT skills and confidence using Excel.
- AAT ideally.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent organisational skills and ability to manage your own workloads / timetables without micromanagement.
- A positive, enthusiastic and professional approach.
If you are looking for a varied role with a sensible degree of autonomy in a business where you’ll feel truly appreciated then we would welcome the chance to speak! Hybrid working (3 days in 2 days home working).
If you would like to be considered for the Assistant Accountant role in Horsforth, please click 'apply now' or contact our team direct.
Apply for Assistant Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly