Indirect Tax Manager
- Full Time
Indirect Tax Manager
Chester, United Kingdom
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The Indirect Tax Manager sits within the Tax COE Europe team; the 3 key aspects are:
- Responsibility for VAT reporting compliance requirements for a group of markets within Europe region and other international markets, as required, ensuring internal and external deadlines are met.
- Provide advice on VAT compliance related queries, coordinating with external and internal stakeholders where necessary.
- Maintain a constant awareness of local VAT legislation and act as a real internal consultant to satisfy stakeholder expectations.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare monthly, bi-monthly, quarterly or annual VAT returns and other indirect tax returns (sales listings, domestic listings, purchase listings, Intrastat, SAF-T)
- Use indirect tax return preparation tool technology
- Prepare and request necessary VAT submission approvals from internal stakeholders following up on VAT payment requests and archiving documentation after submissions are completed
- Prepare VAT General Ledger reconciliation and follow up on issues and open items
- Reconcile GL sales to reported VAT sales and follow up on issues and open items
- Deal with VAT compliance queries from the business as necessary
- Support preparation VAT requirements documents and other documents
- Support Tax Technology team to test and implement requirements on a timely basis
- Assistance maintenance of VAT codes tables and VAT codes in accounting systems
- Assistance with VAT audits and liaison with tax authorities as necessary
- Support strategy of standardisation and automation, continuous improvement and risk management
Education & Experience
- Experience of VAT compliance in at least one jurisdiction in a multi-national tax environment or equivalent.
- Experience with SAP or Oracle is advantageous.
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Successfully prioritise competing demands
- Communicate effectively to a diverse audience (technically & culturally), at multiple levels within the company.
- Self-directed working.
- Establish formal relationships with internal customers demonstrating a collaborative team approach.
- Excellent written and verbal communication to facilitate relationships with peers and senior management.
- Assess and resolve problems.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Gain an understanding of the business needs of an international pharmaceutical company from a VAT compliance perspective.
- Work within a professional and high performing team.
- Develop the ability to impact and influence within the company to deliver optimum business results.
- Gain international and country specific VAT knowledge
- Gain experience of working within a European team and in a shared services environment.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognises the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. If you require reasonable adjustments in completing this application, or any part of the recruitment process, please let us know. Applicants can request an approval of an adjustment prior to accepting a job offer.
Apply for this Indirect Tax Manager role based in Chester by clicking the 'Apply' button now.