Rapidly growing Advertising business, still in start up phase and tipped for greatness, are looking for their first Financial Controller. The Financial Controller will be responsible for managing the finances and contributing to the strategic directions of three organisations with very entrepreneurial founders and connected by a common investor. This role will suit a self-starter, someone that can work at pace and be an advisor to the Directors and steer the financial direction of the businesses.
To start, the role will be remote/home based, with medium term plans to work from a central or west London office once the Covid risk is under control.
The Role - Financial Controller:
This is an amazing opportunity to partner with inspirational entrepreneurs, and learn a lot about running companies, whilst also utilising your financial experience to help shape new and very creative businesses.
The scope of this opportunity is very wide - you will be leant on for your strategic mind, your financial advice on the direction of each business, and your thinking on how the businesses should spend their money. You will also need to be happy being hands on with the administration - raising and sending invoices, chasing the accounts, managing tax and day to day P&L’s.
- Business Partner with the Heads of each business
- Managing the P&L for each business - full control to oversee the financial reporting and ensure accurate budgeting and forecasting
- Aid the Business Heads to develop and manage their budgets by producing timely and accurate management reports
- Lead all day to day finance and accounting activities
- Ensuring robust systems and frameworks are in place to accommodate rapid growth
- Increase efficiency and automation of finance processes
- Manage supplier contracts
- VAT returns for each company including tax compliance
- Monthly cashflow reporting
- Raise purchase orders, invoices and process payments
The person - Financial Controller:
- Ideally ACCA/CIMA/ACA
- Good understanding of corporation tax, PAYE, VAT, UK GAAP
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Experience in the creative industry would be advantageous
- Experience of working in Investor or PE backed SME business would be an advantage
- Relevant experience in a Business Partnering role
- Trained in a range of financial systems
- Entrepreneurial and autonomous mindset
- Ability to communicate complex financial concepts in a clear and succinct way
- Confident making tough business decisions based on numbers, managing upwards.
- Thrive working independently but know when to ask for help.