With the support of the Senior Finance team you will manage the financial affairs of a portfolio of our clients investments, meet the IFRS and UK GAAP financial reporting requirements (to management, shareholders, clients and funders) and comply with statutory and regulatory obligations. As a line manager support, motivate and inspire the leadership and development of the Concession Finance team.
Well known global FTSE business
- Review the financial and operational aspects of concessions to optimise the balance of risk and return to shareholders
- Line management of Company Accountant to deliver Concession Finance services to a portfolio of Schemes
- Monthly concession company reporting packages and ad hoc information to the shareholders
- Financial reporting systems and procedures
- Financial modelling
- Cash management
- Sales and purchase ledger accounting
- Financial aspects of insurance matters
- The conversion of UK GAAP accounts to IFRS and providing commentary for shareholder reporting purposes.
- Maintain detailed input to individual concessions as required supporting Company Accountants in line with risk appraisal and specific concession issues.
- Ensure the Company Accountants provide a clear audit trail and that supporting documentation and explanations are readily accessible
- Ensure transactions are processed accurately by the Company Accountants.
- Reviewing concession management accounts and monitoring the activities and results of concessions and their performance against budget.
- Support Company Accountants on treasury issues, such as debt-draw downs, injections of funds by shareholders, banking arrangements and maximising deposit returns.
- Assist Company Accountants with the compliance aspects of the corporation tax affairs of each concession company and liaison with external auditors.
- Reviewing the draft statutory accounts of concession companies, produced by the Company Accountants, including the application and disclosure of technical accounting practices.
- Preparing and reviewing annual budgets and periodic forecasts of concession companies including the application of technical accounting calculations
- Preparing and/or reviewing the maintenance and update of half yearly financial models for reporting to lenders and ensuring optimal distributions to shareholders.
- Qualified to degree level (minimum of 2)
- Qualified accountant with significant experience
- Ideally come from a practice background
- Effective communicator, both verbally and in writing
- Comfortable and able to contribute at Board meetings
- Team player
- Ability to motivate, inspire and lead a team
Competitive basic salary, car allowance and annual bonus.