2 days left
- Full Time
Liverpool | Up to £46,000
A Commercial Accountant is required for a full-time, permanent role with a global manufacturing business based in the heart of Liverpool. This business is one of the region’s best employers and is a market leader in their sector. It places its staff at the heart of the business and this role offers fantastic progression and the opportunity to make a real difference to the business.
This role is based in central Liverpool but has flexible working on offer.
The Commercial Accountant will demonstrate excellent stakeholder management skills and the ability to build relationships at all levels with Finance and non-Finance managers across business. You’ll be a true Business Partner who is passionate about developing your understanding of the business to provide your expert advice, insight and analysis to enable them to effectively control costs.
The newly appointed Commercial Accountant will:
- Produce/manage product costings for commercial and operational managers as required and prepare tender documents.
- Undertake cost inflation analysis to support sales in their negotiations with customers.
- Continually improve the costing process to enable greater value adding support of the Commercial and Sales teams (with the support of IT).
- Evaluation, review and post audit of commercial activities such as new customer/product listings, sales promotions, new product development, value engineering.
- Prepare and execute the production of the weekly flash forecast P+L, in accordance with prescribed formats, timescales and procedures, including the presentation of summary information to senior management.
- Provide support to the Commercial Accountant in the production of the monthly profit forecast for the division, with distinct areas of responsibility.
- Assist the Commercial Accountant in the preparation and production of annual budgets for the division.
- Provide financial data and analysis to Operational management, Finance Managers or Group Finance as required.
- Interpret, communicate and enforce Group rules, policies, and procedures.
- Liaise with internal and external audit personnel as required.
- Provide cover to the other Commercial Accountant where required.
Ideally candidates will have FMCG or manufacturing experience and demonstrate the following:
- Strong stakeholder and relationship management skills.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with the confidence to challenge others.
- A collaborative, team working approach.
- Excellent IT and data management skills. Experience of SAP or similar financial system. Advanced level MS Excel Skills with the ability to manipulate large, complex data sets.
- Problem solving and analysis skills.
Salary & Benefits
On offer for the Commercial Accountant will be a salary of £42,000 - £46,000 per annum, dependent on experience, plus excellent benefits including flexible working and a competitive bonus.
If you would like to find out more or be considered for this excellent Commercial Accountant role, please apply now.
Apply for Commercial Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly