7 days left
- Full Time
A Leeds based charity who are doing some great work and have a resilient income stream are seeking a Finance Manager to join in a newly created role. Leeds based charity, doing some great work with a resilient income stream seek a Finance Manager as a result of two internal promotions.
A Leeds based charity with a strong track record of staff development and a flexible working environment.
This Finance Manager role is created as a result of two internal promotions to work collaboratively with the existing team.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- The delivery of all financial accounting operations for the charity and its financial ledgers.
- This broad role requires the post-holder to manage the sales and purchase ledger team, lead on annual accounts, and ensure the integrity of the nominal, sales and purchase ledgers is maintained.
- You will be a senior member of the finance team and will support and contribute to the development of the finance function, including leading on system improvements and advising on legislative information affecting the charity.
Candidates must be fully accountancy qualified ( ACA / ACCA / CIMA / CIPFA or equivalent) and have the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience working within a finance team/function
- Proven ability to run month end and year end processes with limited supervision
- Comprehensive understanding of how to compile and submit VAT returns
- Excellent Excel skills including lookups and pivot tables
- Excellent analytical skills to support reconciliation tasks
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong written and verbal communication skills and an ability to clearly communicate financial matters to non-financial staff
Whilst previous charity experience would be useful, this is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to make the move into the sector and is interested in developing their skills within this area.
They have a great benefits package that includes a industry leading holiday entitlement - 30 plus bank holidays and the option to buy or sell 5 more, good pension scheme with 6% contributions from the employer and flexible working with anticipation of 20% of your time to be spent working in the office.