5 days left
- Full Time
Practice Accountant - Work 4 days, get paid for 5!
Our clients are the largest network of accountants who focus their accountancy skills specifically on small businesses and taxpayers needing a tax return in the UK. They specialise in providing accountancy services, tax returns, payroll, bookkeeping, tax savings and tax advice to small businesses and individuals.
The company has established a new practice in the Slateford area of Edinburgh, and they are seeking a practice accountant to support the growth and development of the business.
You will work closely with your clients and will be taking a leading role in the preparation of accounts and tax work. Our unique shop fronted office environments foster great opportunities to get to know your clients face to face in a relaxed setting.
The key duties of the post are as follows:
- Preparation and review of Accounts for Sole Traders, Partnerships and Limited Companies
- Preparation and review of Self-Assessment Tax Returns for Sole Traders, Rental Property Income, Individuals and Partnerships
- Preparation of Corporation Tax Computations for Limited Companies
- Preparation, review and submission of VAT Returns
- Manage CIS return preparations and submissions for allocated Clients
- Provision of client-focused support including client meetings
- Communicate and liaise verbally and in writing between clients/visitors/enquirers and staff and interpret and respond clearly and effectively to spoken requests over the phone or in person, and to verbal or written instructions
- Manage, organise and update relevant data using database applications
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public
- Maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance and adherence to relevant health and safety procedures
- Adhere to procedures relating to the proper use and care of equipment and materials for which the role has responsibility
Ideal candidate experience requirements:
- ACCA/ICAS/ICAEW qualified or equivalent
- Or qualified by experience (Min 5 years practice experience). QBE also considered
- Recent and relevant experience in a practice environment
- Current working knowledge of UK tax laws and accounting standards applicable to small business
- Strong knowledge of computerised accounting systems
- Genuine desire to be a trusted advisor to small business clients
- Conscientious, committed and reliable
- Able to work to tight deadlines without compromising the quality of your work
You must have a “can do” attitude and be able to work independently with appropriate support. You should be proactive, motivated and willing to learn, with a problem-solving attitude. You will be confident in engaging with clients to build a rapport and offer solutions and direction.
In return our client offers:
- Salary of £24,000 - £30,000 DoE
- 4 day working week, 8.30am - 5.30pm ( other flexible working options considered)
- 5 weeks holiday per year plus Christmas week
- Company pension scheme
- In-house training programme and ongoing CPD
- Employee assistance programme - Health Assured
This is an important position for our client and an excellent opportunity to join a market-leading organisation in a key role where you will be able to in?uence its future success.
Please apply now via our client’s dedicated online recruitment process, which also includes a couple of assessments, but should take you no longer that 15-20 minutes to complete.