5 days left
- Full Time
I am looking for a Project Accountant for an award-winning start-up lodging disruptor with a steep opening schedule. We need someone who has worked on hotel development projects from inception to hand over. You will be exclusively project-focused & will own all the financial control & reporting elements. Our growing head office is in central London near Paddington. This role offers a WFH & work from the office balance. Our growing portfolio stretches across the globe and includes locations in Latin America, Africa and the Middle East.
Primary responsibilities will include and not be limited to:
- Ensure that all Development Projects are completed to handover within original Budget.
- Work integrally with FP&A team in order to produce underwriting feasibility studies for presentation to the Investment Committee.
- Rollout of a Life Cycle Cost Analysis (LCCA) based Budgeting principle for Hotel Development Projects.
- Ensure project Budgeting process is comprehensive, is based on the LCCA concept, is cross functional and has buy in from all stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain robust financial control across all live Development Projects.
- Implement a standard Project supplier payment policy and prepare Project payment runs for the Group Finance function.
- Control working capital in relation to all live and future Projects, providing real time Cash Flow forecasts to the Group FC.
- Submission of funding drawdown requests to Group TopCo.
- Liaise and establish productive relationships with suppliers and service providers in all live projects.
- Perform rolling supplier statement reconciliations.
- Monthly reconciliation of Project costs to GL and submission of accruals listings.
- Maintain contractual integrity in all areas of construction.
- Detailed Project reporting of financial performance of all development projects, including costs incurred, capital commitments, costs to complete, costs to terminate.
- Work closely with the Group FC to develop and prepare a monthly Project dashboard for the monthly Executive reporting pack.
- Maintain consistent dialogue with all stakeholders as project costs are Reforecast on a rolling basis.
- Establish a feedback loop from pre-investment underwriting, through development, to post-investment appraisal to ensure consistent and continuous improvement is achieved.
- Maintain tax compliance on all Development Projects, including WHT considerations and recovery of input VAT on Project spend.
- Ad hoc Project reporting, as required.
- Minimum 7 years of experience working in Hotel Project Finance roles (preferred) and/ or real estate development projects.
- Extensive knowledge of Hotel Development Budgeting concepts.
- Experienced Excel modeller.
- Prior integral involvement in both technical project reporting and provision of commercial insights in an Owner Operator environment, plus an appreciation of the nuances which prevail in turnkey projects/ management contracts.
- Outstanding attention to detail, accuracy and the ability to multitask in a highly deadline-oriented environment.
- A collaborative, solution-focused approach and the ability to work effectively unsupervised.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluent in English (Verbal & Written)
- Spanish speaking is a benefit (but not essential).
- CIMA or ACCA qualified is a benefit but not essential. QBE is equally acceptable.
- Must be prepared to travel to hotel development locations.
- Right to work in the UK is an essential requirement.
Apply for Project Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly