Accounts Semi Senior / Senior - Tax
1 day left
- Full Time
Accounts Semi Senior / Senior - Tax
Our client is the largest network of accountants, currently working from over 300 locations throughout the UK, who focus their accountancy skills specifically on small businesses and taxpayers needing a tax return in the UK. They specialise in providing accountancy services, tax returns, payroll, bookkeeping, tax savings and tax advice to small businesses. They have 80,000 clients including Sole Traders, Partnerships, Limited Companies and Personal Taxpayers.
Our client is looking for an Accounts Semi Senior / Senior level accountant specialising in Tax, to join their expanding accountancy practice located in Portsmouth. They provide a friendly, flexible and proactive year-round service to small businesses and individuals in the local area.
Consideration will be given to applicants wishing to fast track their career who have a “can do” and dynamic approach to their work. They are happy to consider Full Time, Part Time & Flexible working.
The key duties of the post are as follows:
- To have a good working knowledge of and undertake annual tax compliance work to include the preparation of personal tax returns.
- Under the direction of the director to be aware of statutory deadlines for the tax compliance work and ensure work is completed to meet deadlines.
- Assist with the preparation of more complex tax return work, including Capital Gains tax, under the supervision of the Director.
- Assisting in the preparation of bookkeeping & accounts & VAT Returns (Refresher Training can be provided).
- Using a computerised cloud based accounting systems.
- Assist with the preparation of the year-end tax letters for the firm.
- To ensure work is being undertaken in the most efficient manner, being up to date with the most recent software developments and working methods.
- To have excellent client relationship skills and handle client queries in a positive and client focused manner.
- Manage, organise and update relevant data using the firm’s practice management applications.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public
- Plus other duties consistent with the grade as directed.
Ideal candidate experience requirements:
- You will have at least 2 years of practice experience and have a strong working knowledge of tax return preparation and compliance.
- Recent and relevant experience in Tax Preparation.
- You will be able to produce accounts from incomplete records including double-entry bookkeeping and the production of accounts to Trial Balance stage. (Refresher Training can be provided)
- Relevant qualifications would be preferred but not essential.
- Current working knowledge of UK tax laws and accounting standards applicable to small business
- Have excellent client communication skills.
- You will enjoy the challenge of working with a large variety of clients and the varied types of work those clients bring.
- Experience of computerised and cloud based accounting systems. Quickbooks, Xero or TaxCalc is preferred but not essential.
- Genuine desire to be a trusted advisor to small business clients
- Conscientious, committed and reliable
- Able to work to tight deadlines without compromising the quality of your work
You must have a “can do” attitude and be able to work independently with appropriate support. You should be proactive, motivated and willing to learn, with a problem-solving attitude. You will be confident in engaging with clients to build a rapport and offer solutions and direction.
Salary and Benefits
- £27,000 - £32,000 Pro-Rata Salary depending on experience
- Holiday 20 Days + statutory
- Additional holiday based on length of service
- Happy to consider Full Time, Part Time & Flexible working
- Company pension scheme
- In-house training programme and ongoing CPD
- Employee assistance programme - Health Assured
This is an important position for our client and an excellent opportunity to join a market-leading organisation in a key role where you will be able to in?uence its future success.
Please apply now via our client’s dedicated online recruitment process, which also includes a couple of assessments, but should take you no longer that 15-20 minutes to complete.