Role: Finance Manager
Company: Warp Records
Location: North London, NW5
Salary: Competitive & Dependant on Experience
Closing Date: Monday 4th October 2021
Warp is a leading independent record company and music publisher based in London, with offices in New York and Los Angeles.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Finance Manager to join our Finance team to support our Recordings and Publishing businesses.
In this role, you will partner with key stakeholders across the Recordings and Publishing teams, providing them with day-to-day financial business support.
You will report to the Head of Finance, assisting them with the running and operational effectiveness of the Finance function, making suggestions to improve and streamline processes.
In this role as Finance Manager, you will play a key part in driving both the Recordings and Music Publishing companies’ performance and growth. We are looking for someone with a positive and can-do attitude. This is the ideal role for a commercially minded finance professional who loves working in creative, flexible, and non-corporate environments.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, you will be responsible for:
- Preparing the consolidated management account packs, to include responsibility for the full month end process for our Recordings and Publishing businesses, always providing insightful commentary and analysis
- Supervising and mentoring junior members of the team (AP & AR Assistants)
- Working with the Finance team and the wider business to ensure that strong controls are implemented across the companies
- Producing cashflow forecasts for the Recordings & Publishing companies
- Producing audit files and dealing with audit queries from external accountants throughout the annual audit process
- Assisting the Head of Finance with budgeting and forecasting
- Ad hoc reporting as required
What skills and experience do you have?
You are a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA), or taking your final accountancy exams
- Experience of presenting accurate and timely information to senior management on a regular basis
- Experience of supporting and developing junior members of the Finance team
- Strong interpersonal skills; enjoys interacting and partnering with creatives
- Has the ability to translate and convey financial information to non-Finance colleagues
- Has an eye for process improvement and driving efficiencies
- Advanced Excel skills
- Commercially minded
- Enjoy problem solving and getting stuck into the detail
- Enjoys working in a small team, and keen to play a role in improving Finance processes and service
- Prior experience in the music (or media) industry would be beneficial
- Interest in music and the music business, and excited about the prospect of working for a well-respected and renowned independent record label and music publisher!
How do I apply?
Please send your CV and a covering email detailing your experience; your salary expectations; where you saw this role advertised, and why you are the right person to join our Finance team by applying below now.
Thanks for applying! And don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away as we take the time to review all applications.
We recognise the importance of diversity within our teams and are fully committed to embracing all types of talent.
Additionally, we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments to the application process that may be required. If there is anything that you want to make us aware of then please contact Jo at the time of your application.
Apply for Finance Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly