European Financial Controller
5 days left
- Full Time
European Financial Controller
£60,000 - £70,000 per annum + Benefits
Theory: Defining the New Modern Founded by Andrew Rosen in 1997, Theory revolutionised the contemporary market with its concept of the urban uniform, a modern edit of elevated essentials. The Fast Retailing acquisition of Theory in 2004 spurred global expansion of the brand; today, Theory operates 221 freestanding stores worldwide. The launch of e-commerce in 2010 and collaborative relationships with department and specialty stores continue to position Theory as a continually expanding international omnichannel phenomenon. A leader in Fast Retailing Group's dossier, Theory balances luxury with accessibility in collections with integrity known for their precisely tailored silhouettes and exceptional fabrics.
Link Theory (UK), Ltd. seeks to appoint a new European Financial Controller. Reporting to the CFO, this important position will have responsibility to further refine and develop a finance function with accountability for all financial reporting and accounting, management reporting and tax.
The appointed candidate must be capable of leading the financial control function for UK and Europe which is responsible the Theory business in Europe which includes retail, wholesale and ecommerce operations.
This role involves:
- Leading the Theory EU accounting function, taking full responsibility for all statutory reporting and accounting, year-end audits, monthly management reporting and tax compliance across Europe
- Managing local working capital through treasury, accounts payable and inventory management plus regular interaction with the Credit Control department
- Managing the flow of financial data and management reporting to and from group functions in the US and Japan, providing regular and timely analysis on the European business performance and ensuring implementation of Group policies & procedures at local level.
- Driving the continuous development and implementation of financial reporting processes and systems to drive improved timeliness and accuracy of data
- Leading and developing the Accounting team, 2 direct reports
- Maintaining and improving the profile of finance within the business through building overall capability and credibility and strengthening connectivity with other functional areas.
- Providing analytical support in the ongoing development of the Direct-to-Consumer network, specifically around operating profit and forecasting / budgeting processes.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Qualified accountant
- Minimum 3 years’ industry experience post qualification
- Experience of working with a well-recognized ERP system
- Familiarity with IFRS and experience of the different aspects of the finance function, including month-end close, management reporting, statutory reporting and tax
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills
- Experience of leading and developing individuals, setting a tone of finance best practice
- Hands-on style with a strong eye for detail and the ability to operate independently
- Proven ability to interface with commercial as well as technical teams
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work with inter-department teams on an international basis
- An interest in fashion is preferable.
Benefits available with this European Financial Controller position:
- 25 days annual leave
- Enhanced company pension scheme
- Group discounts
- Private medical care
- Hybrid working with 3 days in our Regent Street office and 2 working remotely.
Apply for European Financial Controller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly