3 days left
- Full Time
My client is one of the constituent colleges of Oxford University
The Role of College Accountant
The role requires an in-depth understanding of and contribution to the development of an evolving reporting structure, responsiveness to the impact of changing parameters and a comprehensive knowledge of college activities,
* Reporting financial activity to budget holders, the Bursar and College Committees, managing the annual audit process and filing statutory accounts;
* coordinating and managing the production of the Annual College Budget
* reviewing, assessing and commenting on the financial aspects of new initiatives and providing financial support and advice to the Bursar
* backstop and reasonableness checks on financial flows from all areas into the College Accounting system;
* on-going assessment of the appropriateness of computer systems and processes to support the accounting function;
* The College Accountant is a key role and the post-holder will liaise and engage with other College departments, Fellows and students.
The Candidate for College Accountant
* Candidates must be ACA /ACCA/CIMA with extensive practical post-qualification accounting experience at a senior level. Applicants from all sectors are welcome.
* Candidates must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and must be able to deal with and build relationships with a variety of people from different cultural backgrounds.
* Candidates must be up to date with legislative and regulatory changes and be able to keep abreast of College policies, structures, developments and initiatives in order to ensure that relevant financial aspects are considered and reported appropriately.
* Candidates must have substantial managerial experience and the ability to manage and motivate a team in order to achieve high standards in a complex organization and reporting structure.
* Candidates must possess strong IT skills: must be proficient in using Excel, Word, and databases, have experience in using accounting systems and be willing and able to quickly learn new systems.
* Candidates must have good budgeting and financial planning skills and the ability to produce financial data in a clear format and to communicate relevant aspects to non-finance staff.
Apply for College Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly