2 days left
- Full Time
A Yorkshire based housing association are seeking a Financial Accountant to focus on Fixed Assets. A great opportunity to move into a growing organisation with a great social purpose.
A great opportunity to move into a growing organisation with a great social purpose based in Yorkshire.
They are a disability confident employer and Stonewall Diversity Champions.
This role of Financial Accountant to work collaboratively with the existing team leading on a number of key areas that will include:
- Lead and improve balance sheet reporting process.
- Review all monthly Fixed Asset balance sheet reconciliations on a rolling basis.
- Ensure that both assets under construction and fixed assets are correctly accounted for. All additions, disposals and transfers between entities are correctly accounted for, on a timely basis.
- Own the transfer of work in progress, and other costs between the legal entities, maintaining inter-company balance reconciliations at all times.
- Manage the Fixed Asset team.
- Prepare and post month end journals, reports and forecasts around fixed assets, intercompany transactions, group consolidation and any other ad hoc requirements maintaining the integrity of the group accounts.
- Prepare company and group notes for statutory accounts and be responsible for the above areas in the year end and audit, being a point of contact with auditors, and assisting with other audit areas as required.
Candidates must be fully accountancy qualified ( ACA / ACCA / CIMA / CIPFA or equivalent) and will have previous experience within a similar role and knowledge of financial reporting and financial control.
Whilst previous housing, charity or not for profit experience would be useful, this is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to make the move into the sector and is interested in developing their skills within this area.
- Salary of c£40,000 depending upon experience
- 25 days holiday
- Generous pension rising to 10% employer if the employee contributes 8%
- Hybrid working pattern c50/50 office and home split