6 days left
- Full Time
Qualified Financial Controller for a SME business based in Erdington.
Your new company
Hays are delighted to be supporting a growing SME organisation who are based just outside Birmingham city centre. The company have lovely modern offices with onsite parking and also offer a hybrid working policy with the option to work from home 2 days per week. The company are niche within their field and have enjoyed strong results over the last 3 years.
Your new role
The senior financial officer of the company. The role involves:
- Management of the Accounts team of 6 persons
- Responsible for financial accounting and reporting to the CEO and the Board
- Oversight of UK and overseas regulatory/compliance requirements.
- Cash and profit forecasts financial analyses and ad hoc projects
- Application of internal control processes
Areas of responsibility Purchase and sales ledger
- Ensuring the team accurately records sales and purchase ledger transactions.
- Coordination and approval of supplier payments ensuring appropriate security checks are in place.
- Liaison with other departments to improve processes.
- Ensure prompt and accurate presentation of monthly management accounts to include relevant financial information and commentary.
- Continuously review and improve general accounting systems and controls.
- Formulating and reporting on budget and forecasts in line with company strategy.
- Management of the reconciliation of accounts to minimise unreconciled balances.
- Ensure all statutory (e. VAT, PAYE, Corporation tax, DTI and Intrastat) returns and payments are made on time.
- Ensure prompt and accurate finalisation of accounts for the year end audit. Act as first point of contact with UK accountants for audit fieldwork and final clearance meetings.
- Liaise with International accountants to ensure the preparation and filing of all international accounts and corporate tax returns.
- Company Secretarial responsibilities including the preparation and filing of all statutory documentation
- Presenting at quarterly board meetings, producing financial reports/presentations regarding business performance.
- Provide financial input and analysis to board level discussions and any other business area as required to include pricing, operational and regulatory decisions.
- Working capital management, including foreign exchange.
- Management and supervision of the Accounts team, including managing daily workloads and projects.
- Responsible for staff development, appraisal, discipline and succession planning at all levels of the team.
- Identifying external training courses and ensuring the team are working towards professional qualifications.
- Involvement in recruitment
What you'll need to succeed
This role is a excellent stepping stone for an aspiring Financial Controller. You will be a fully Qualified Accountant and ideally looking for a first time move from a mid tier practice firm or a SME organisation within industry looking to step into a progressive Controller role. You will be happy working in a busy SME team looking after a small team and working closely with progressive and ambitious CEO and Senior Leadership Team.
What you'll get in return
This is a progressive role with a clear route to Finance Director. You will receive a basic salary of circa £50000 to £55000 plus 10% bonus, 20 days holiday increasing to 25 days plus bank holidays and generous benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Financial Controller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly