Our client is at the cutting edge of digital publishing, serving the global medical and health care sector. The business is currently Founder owned and has an extremely impressive and well-established reputation in the sector - and in particular counts amongst its 30+ corporate clients 8 out of the top 10 global pharmaceutical companies. The current revenue is sub £10m and the business is very profitable. However, due to unprecedented growth in the sector, the business is poised for significant expansion over the next few years thus requiring the addition of a CFO who can partner the Founder CEO on a journey of value creation and ultimately a successful monetisation event.
- Implement enterprise integrated ERP
- Lead and oversee the finance function to include all management and statutory reporting
- Ensure that robust systems, processes and controls are established throughout the business
- Liaise with banks, potential investors and other third parties
- All cash management, tax and treasury related activities
- Support commercial decision making to include contract negotiations and service level agreements
- Oversee HR, legal and insurance functions
This is a broad and commercially demanding role and will suit candidates who have a demonstrable track record of being the stand-alone no 1 in finance whilst also working closely with CEO’s and/or Founders in SME organisations. This role will suit candidates who enjoy a fast paced, quick decision making and entrepreneurial environment where he/she can genuinely make an impact.
We are committed to encouraging and celebrating applicants from different backgrounds, whatever their gender, ethnicity, race, religious and political beliefs, education, socioeconomic background, disability, sexual orientation and geographical location to promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace.