3 days left
- Full Time
FINANCE MANAGER - 18 Months +
Fancy a new challenge?
Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager, your role will be to manage all aspects of the accounting function within the UK & Ireland cluster to be compliant with group and statutory accounting practices on both an IFRS and local GAAP basis. Manage and drive performance within a team of 7 colleagues.
You will provide staff management, motivation, training, and recruitment for the accounting team to ensure that all required deliverables are achieved for all areas of the P&L and Balance Sheet.
- Completion of month end, ensuring completion of all accounting responsibilities for a range of business divisions in UK and Ireland to ensure the integrity and completeness of the month end accounts.
- This includes all accruals, prepayments and provisions, including completing the month end balance sheet reconciliations. This will include all accounting relating to Income, which will involve using Genisys (ERP system).
You will also review UK and Ireland balance sheets for accuracy and completeness, whilst ensuring maintenance of the fixed assets register, ensuring Business Case forms are authorised appropriately. Review depreciation policy and ensure assets are recorded correctly.
Pensions will be prepared monthly for defined benefit pension schemes.
- Liaise with external providers and Antalis HQ in the revaluation of the schemes at half year and year end to ensure all changes in value are accounted for in accordance with IAS 19 and reported correctly to Antalis Prepare forecast and budget schedules for the defined benefit pension entries on the P&L and balance sheet whilst ensuring legal and statutory requirements are met and audit of the schemes is facilitated.
- Financial Accounting and Tax Regulations must be monitored with advise being offered where necessary and ensure internal controls are in place for accounting processes. UK and Ireland Tax compliance must be accurate and reconciled.
P&L Reporting & Profitability Analysis
You will manage and control the preparation of monthly Sector and Director P&L’s ensuring that accurate and consistent P&L’s are distributed on the monthly basis to Group and the UK & Ireland business. Work with Finance business partners to be able to articulate the drivers (both financial and non-financial) of profitability across all P&L captions. Understand and articulate the relationships between non-financial KPI’s, Income, direct Operating Expenses and allocated Expenses.
Underpinning the P&L’s the business requires a robust Customer & Product Profitability tool, managed via Qlikview. Manage allocations appropriately and ensure that the business partners and the wider senior management team have a tool, which enhances our decision making. You will support the business in being able to use the Customer Profitability Qlikview application, suggest enhancements where appropriate.
- Budgeting and Forecasting is key, supporting where appropriate the bi-annual budgeting and forecasting process in areas under the remit of the team. Additionally, will provide information towards the weekly cash forecast process.
Processes and Controls
You will be responsible for ensuring key controls are in place, including adherence to JSOX controls, which will include maintaining all documentation is in place and adhered to. You will support the Senior Finance Manager with the quarterly external audit process and manage the team to deliver required information as required.
In return, Antalis are looking for a qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA candidate with a minimum of 3 years post qual experience, covering line management and possessing a strong commercial awareness, who is up to date with Tax and Statutory legislation.
Given the growth of the growth of the business, there is the strong possibility of this role becoming permanent.
- In return, my client offers an excellent opportunity with a generous which includes;
- Defined Contribution Pension Scheme – matched company contributions up to 6%/6%.
- Life Assurance Death in Service
- Holidays – Start with 22 plus Bank Holidays, increasing with Length of Service to 26 days after 4 years
- Annual Holiday Buy/Sell Scheme – up to 5 Days of Holiday Allowance
- Other elements:
- Free Onsite Parking
- Subsidised On-Site Canteen
To discuss this fabulous company further,contact RECfinancial on 07976 416967 or email email@example.com
Please be aware that RECfinanical have been appointed as the exclusive provider for Antalis contracts and any CV's sent directly or via a 3rd party to Antalis will not be considered and may impact the application process.
Apply for Finance Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly