Deputy Finance Manager
7 days left
- Full Time
A permanent Deputy Finance Manager job paying up to £40k for a market-leading organisation in Worcester.
£38,000-£40,000 per annum
Mon-Fri (37 hours a week)
Your new company
Hays Senior Finance are delighted to be partnering with one of Worcester's largest and most well-respected organisations as they look to recruit a Deputy Finance Manager on a permanent basis.
They have been established for nearly 50 years and, due to continuous growth and innovation, are now considered the market leaders in their industry with a strong core philosophy at the heart of everything they do.
Your new role
In this role, which has been created due to internal promotion, you will support the Finance Manager across key technical accounting areas and be responsible for interrogating large volumes of data on a regular basis.
- Month-end close in financial accounting
- Monthly cashflow forecasting
- Checking VAT transactions
- Checking manual sales invoices prior to processing for AR
- Preparation of patent box data
- Assisting with corporation tax work and R&D tax credits when required
- Providing support for the global SSC for accounting (payable, receivables and general ledger)
- Support with system testing on SAP
- Support for internal customer IT projects as required
- Assist Finance Manager with requests at interim and year-end along with the preparation of schedules
- Preparation and completion of statutory accounts
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA) - would suit a first time mover out of practice
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Experience of working across all areas of accounting in an operational setting
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to manipulate and interrogate data/information
- High attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills
- Confident communicator and able to build relationships with both internal and external parties
- Good Excel skills
- Knowledge of SAP (highly desirable but not essential)
What you'll get in return
In return, you will receive a competitive salary of up to £40,000 per annum and the chance to work for a truly superb local business. You'll receive 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays), contributory pension scheme, access to Perkbox which includes various retail discounts, remote working opportunities and free onsite parking.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Deputy Finance Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly