Senior Management Accountant
This global design and manufacturing business supplies products and services to a range of industrial markets. Following an internal restructure they are now seeking to recruit an ambitious Management Accountant with the potential to develop and take on a management role in the near future. The role will offer significant exposure to senior management and the chance to business partner closely with sales and operational staff.
The position will be responsible for providing management accounts, reporting and insightful financial analysis for two operating companies and some smaller UK legal entities. You will report into a Financial Controller who is taking on a broader more strategic role so can expect a high degree of autonomy with the support there if required. This fantastic opportunity would suit someone looking to accelerate their career with a growing global business. Key responsibilities will include:
Preparation of monthly management accounts with insightful commentary
• Provide reporting packs and business performance analysis
• Produce all commercial financial reporting to analyse growth, pricing and gross margin
• Implement standard costing and develop product profitability
• Assist with annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting
• Report on working capital and investment opportunities / costs
• Drive understanding of variances and their root cause
• Provide analysis for monthly business unit reviews
• Oversee general accounting activities and maintain strong internal controls
• Co-ordinate with external auditors for all legal entities
The ideal candidate will be a fully qualified CIMA / ACCA / ACA Accountant with strong IT skills and an interest in driving process improvement and automation. A critical part of this role will be to support data driven and timely decision making so advanced Excel and some ERP exposure would be very attractive along with the ability to constructively challenge and work cross functionally. Suitable applicants must have experience of manufacturing and ideally an understanding of costing methodologies and their practical implementation. Experience of external audit from an accountancy firm would also be useful. If you would like to be considered for this fantastic, career enhancing role then please apply as soon as possible.
Apply for Senior Management Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly