Financial Controller - Real Estate
Financial Controller - Real Estate - OUR CLIENT - Is an active and successful subsidiary arm of a sizeable privately owned property investment company and they have 'solely' instructed us to recruit an experienced Financial Controller to manage the day to day operations and successful Accounts Team based in Surrey.
THE ROLE will report directly to the MD and will entail the following responsibilities:
- Managing and motivating a small finance team.
- Ensuring processing raw data is timely and efficient.
- Preparing management information as required by the Group Finance Director.
- Supervising and ensure that bank reconciliations are done on a weekly basis.
- Taking responsibility for the statements liaising with the Systems Support department as necessary.
- Ensuring VAT invoices are correctly raised on the office account.
- Assisting with the improvement and implementation of new processes working with Systems Support as necessary.
- Being involved in the roll out and implementation of a property software (an invoice logging and approval). This will involve being an advocate for this software both withing the department and wider business.
- Liaising with other departments so that information provided for processing is received in the most efficient manner.
- Taking overall responsibility for BACS run ensuring that payments are made from the correct account and that VAT and CIS is correctly accounted for.
- Acting as an administrator on the banking systems and ensuring that controls are adhered to.
- Supervising payroll.
- Developing the team and ensuring appropriate staffing levels for the future as well as appraising staff.
- Liaising with auditors
- Undertaking ad hoc projects.
THE PERSON: To apply, you MUST be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with experience in preparing management accounts including analysis and also have prior experience of property management and service charge accounts. It is essential that you are an excellent communicator with great organisational and management skills. Additionally, you are expected to possess excellent IT skills and have knowledge of property software such as YARDI, MRI, QUBE, Dwellent or similar. It is highly desirable that you have an understanding of taxation implications of accounting decisions and are able to deal with accounting issues in a calm and polite manner. If you have the above mentioned experience and skills, and in addition have the ability to prioritise and work quickly and accurately to tight deadlines, this could be an excellent opportunity to join a well establish and successful business to grow your career and contribute to their on-going success.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook.
Apply for Financial Controller - Real Estate
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly