Sales Ledger & Billing Manager
Investigo are delighted to be exclusively supporting a Northampton based FTSE listed business with their recruitment of a Sales Ledger & Billing Manager, on a permanent basis.
The Sales Ledger & Billing Manager will be responsible for overseeing the management of the full WIP process and driving the key outcomes within the process, i. WIP to Accrued Income to Bill or WIP to Bill conversion. They will will have 3 Direct (WIP & AI Controllers) and 3 Indirect reports (WIP & AI Admin).
Key Duties will include:
- Ensuring a comprehensive review of all works completed by engineers, for the identification of Reactive, Quoted and Project works, and that relevant back up has been identified and contractual requirements are met.
- Being the conduit and working closely with the Operations; Finance; OTC and R2R teams, Intercompany and client.
- Run and update WIP/ SQL CASH report on a weekly basis with accurate committed costs
- WIP trackers maintained with status updates against jobs
- Ensuring jobs which have been completed have the relevant documents in place required for billing
- Preparation of applications for presentation to client and timely invoicing
- Reconciliation of costs and time on each job to ensure prompt closure of jobs in period
- Collation of comments and analysis on high margin and loss making jobs
- Track current status of in progress projects, stage billing and project completion timelines
- Reporting weekly on Accrued Income progress to the business
- Day to day management and development of a team of 6
- Maintain, create and document customer specific billing processes to be followed by the team and Operations
- To understand and comply with policies and procedures
- Attend review meetings relating to working capital and those which are contract specific
- Managing efficient and accurate conversion of WIP to Accrued Income inine with Revenue Recognition Policy
- Managing conversion of WIP and AI to bill
- Proactive management of timely resolution of queries and disputes relating both internal and external applications / bills
- Identify and implement continuous improvements on the OTC process to drive timely cash conversion
- Undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required
The successful Candidate will be a proven leader with excellent Sales Ledger and Billing experience. They will understand the OTC lifecycle, and and be proactive in their approach to query resolution. Strong influencing skills, and the ability to challenge are key in this role, as are strong Excel skills to produce reports to show Accrued Income position by customer. This role requires exceptional people leadership skills to get the best out the team.
Our Client is offering a salary of £30,000 - £40,000 + Benefits.
Apply for Sales Ledger & Billing Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly