Finance Manager - Operations
A great opportunity has arisen for a qualified Finance Manager to work within a fast-growing music services company. Based in London, this full-time, permanent role will see you oversee and manage the operational finances.
This innovative and growing business works on an international landscape, supporting the music industry ensuring artists and publishers are represented and renumerated appropriately for their work.
This position will have the responsibility to ensure all customers are rightfully compensated and manage the day-to-day finances of this area. A solid knowledge of royalties would be highly beneficial.
This role would suit a candidate with a keen interest in Music, who originally qualified within practice and has since gained PQE, ideally within the music (or entertainment) industry. If you love music this is a fantastic opportunity for you!
The incoming Finance Manager will:
- Oversee the distribution of all due revenues/royalties to customers.
- Plan and schedule each distribution payment, producing timelines and impact analysis.
- Conduct quality assurance checks on all distributions.
- Monitor balance sheet reviews (Royalties).
- Optimise and streamline processes, controls and systems.
- Investigate and validate the reasons for any discrepancies (incl. volume discounts, commission rates, taxes etc.)
- Review & ensure CRM is updated in terms of withholding tax rates & commission rates.
- Attend weekly specialist taskforce meetings for all customer royalty distributions.
- Resolve any distribution queries.
Applications are invited from Finance Managers who demonstrate the below skills, qualifications and experience:
- Fully qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA or equivalent) with significant post-qualification experience (practice trained preferred).
- Experience within operational finance roles, ideally with audit exposure.
- Experience gained within music, media or entertainment.
- Exposure to royalties.
- Knowledge of withholding tax preferable.
- Excellent stakeholder management experience.
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, strong team player and able to build excellent working relationships.
- Commercial mindset with great attention to detail and deadline orientated.
- Advanced Excel.
- Experience of working in a complex working environment, including implementing strong controls & processes.
In return, you can expect a salary of £65,000 - £70,000 per annum, dependent on experience.
If you would like to find out more or be considered for this Finance Manager role, please apply now.