Director, Finance and Corporate Operations
Milton Keynes Buckinghamshire
Up to £115,000 + cars, bonus
Suzuki GB PLC is looking for a Director of Finance and Corporate Operations who will be responsible for Finance, HR, IT and Compliance. The role requires board level experience, with strong challenging and influencing skills, focussed on delivering the financial strategy of the company. Suzuki is seeking a passionate leader who can demonstrate resilience and positivity during challenging times and can influence change and drive the business towards an exciting future.
The role involves working very closely with the senior management team to ensure that there is a strong compliance framework for the company to operate and achieve its objectives on volumes and profitability, whilst ensuring staff engagement and innovative IT investments for the future.
This is a strategic and commercial leadership role within the Board of Management, which includes the Managing Director, Director of Automobile, Director of Aftersales and Director of Motorcycle, ATV & Marine.
The Board of Management works closely to strengthen and maximise the Suzuki brand in the UK market through the supply of superior value products to complement our customers’ “Way of Life”, while delivering planned sales volume, sales turnover and operating profit.
This role requires working with the Suzuki Motor Corporation head office in Japan, the Dealer Network, external auditors and major suppliers.
This role will require you to be appointed as a Director on the Board of Suzuki Financial Services Limited, a joint venture between Suzuki GB PLC and Lloyds Banking Group to provide funding to our dealers and customers.
Suzuki has a vast heritage and an exciting future and a belief in creating a range of vehicles to suit a range of lifestyles, which has led Suzuki to develop award-winning city cars and motorcycles, impressive 4x4 technology and advanced outboard engines. These products have turned Suzuki into a company that is globally recognised and celebrated around the world. Their “Way of Life” philosophy means an emphasis on understanding the lives of real people and considering reliability and affordability in the production of every model and has been critical in all aspects of their approach.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Lead and develop a team of c. 27 FTE across Finance, HR, IT and Compliance.
- Direct and implement strategies to drive performance and profitability.
- Chair and coordinate the Company Directors’ strategy meetings and actively participate in the formulation of policy as part of the Board of Management.
- Direct the company’s Human Resources strategy, ensuring the delivery of best practice HR to successfully meet objectives.
- Direct the company’s IT strategy, ensuring that it is cost efficient and effectively supports the overall company strategy.
- Ensure that the Company effectively meets its statutory obligations, including compliance with all accounting, taxation and filing requirements.
- Lead, implement and maintain an effective and cost-conscious Corporate Operations organisation structure to achieve business objectives.
- Establish and maintain strong relations with the Dealer Network and Finance providers, providing guidance and advice with regards to Dealer Development, new Dealer Appointments, Dealer Terminations and Credit Limits.
This is an exciting and challenging role with a broad remit influencing all aspects of the UK business and will, therefore, suit an experienced leader who is a qualified accountant. It would be advantageous to have experience of the motor industry or have taken responsibility of HR / IT / Compliance as a Finance Director preferably within a consumer / retail business. Suzuki has a UK turnover of c. £500million, therefore, it is essential that you have experience of working within a complex business and are confident acting as a business leader who can build strong relationships across all functions.
Investigo have been retained by Suzuki to manage the search on an exclusive basis. Please apply on the link below or if you require further information please email Charles.email@example.com
Apply for this Director, Finance and Corporate Operations role today by clicking below!
Apply for Director, Finance and Corporate Operations
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly